Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring Back Cordova Support for the Intune SDK

The Intune SDK for Cordova used to be fully supported but support for Cordova seems to have been dropped.

Many enterprise development teams have standardized on Cordova as a strategic architecture for mobile development. The lack of Cordova plugin support is hampering the deployment of protected apps in enterprise environments.

FYI to Microsoft. App Protection for internally developed Line of Business apps is a great driver for Intune adoption. You should be doing everything possible to make App Protection easy to implement with Line of Business apps.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As our Intune App SDK team just posted a comment update on this issue,

“Cordova apps can be wrapped using the wrapper. There is just no plugin that Intune development team is providing. The plugin was too much maintenance work for the amount of usage it had.”

There are 49 votes but only 21 people who voted for this, so I’d concur that we aren’t seeing big demand for this item.

Since we do support Cordova apps, I’m going to set the status to “we already have this”, which will close this item and give you your votes back. If you specifically want us to build the plug in again, you could post it but we’d regretfully mark it declined. If there’s some other aspect of Cordova support you need but don’t have with the current setup, post that.

Thanks as always for your feedback, and thanks for using Microsoft…

2. REST API to upload packages to Intune instead of web browser

As of now, it seems not possible to upload apps/packages to Intune, using sth other than your web browser (I am not talking about the horrible Silverlight-based Intune Software uploader, which has no place in this world in 2017...).

We use automated tools in our company to build or rebuild 3rd party packages and test them, and also to package our own home-made apps. Reliying on a "human" to only upload MSI files or similar, to Intune is just not scalable at all and error-prone.

Please offer a REST API to upload apps/packages from "customers local repos" to your "mmcswdb01.blob.core.windows.net"-like…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Scripting-Graph/PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Previously I said
    I checked with our apps guys, and they say you can do this using the Graph API. If you’re specifically asking for REST, the answer would be to use Graph, so I’d mark this declined. If you’re OK with using Graph, I can call this “we already have this”. Will Graph do what you need?

And the OP said yes, please close the feature request. I finally found more or less how to upload a file, so marking as “we already have this”

3. Intune vs Office 365 MDM

Please bring back the detailed line by line comparison of Intune vs Office 365 MDM.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export MAC Address

Please allow exporting MAC addresses from Inventory.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Inventory (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. should be able to wipe out app or data from user’s device using selective wipe option

Unable to wipe out app or data from user's device using selective wipe option , both Android and iOS. As a device management tool , i think we should have control on corp data / corp apps and this capability should be part of InTune feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. powershell for selective wipe

PowerShell or Graph to use selective wipe, we have too many users to do this manually when they are terminated, need some sort of automation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Scripting-Graph/PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Windows Devices Enrolled in Intune need to forward to SCCM

With BYOD and Windows 10 many users are wanting to connect their personal Windows 10 devices, especially tablets running Windows 10 in lieu of iPads. Currently when enrolling Windows devices to Intune they are not forwarded over to SCCM. The requires you to have to manage them separately. We are not able to put the SCCM agent on these devices as they are not company devices and not on our domain. We simply need to treat these just like we do all other mobile devices and tablets. Need a single pane of glass for all devices regardless of what they…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Email access from Intune only

We bought Intune for email security but still 3rd party app are able to configure email without Intune. We want O365 email access from Intune on phone no 3rd party app called bluemail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think what you’re trying to do can already be done using conditional access. See this blog for more info: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configmgrdogs/2016/11/02/restrict-iosandroid-e-mail-to-outlook-using-conditional-access-for-mam/

You didn’t mention a platform, but Samsung Knox devices can totally block apps you don’t want on the device: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/samsung-knox-apps-allow-block.

Depending on the app, you can block it if it doesn’t use modern auth
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/app-modern-authentication-block

11. Phone wipe and Company Portal

We have our phones set up so if the password is entered incorrectly 10 times, the phone is wiped back to factory settings. We then can't control it via InTune. Is there a way to either stop it from being wiped (maybe locked with an Admin password we set), or a notification sent via InTune that it has been wiped?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. report on personal numbers and corporate numbers

We have users that select personal device instead of Corporate devices when enrolling. We would like to generate a report with both Personal No (even if its 4 digits only ) and corporate numbers with device name or email address with IMEI and Serial No. So we can cross reference those devices that are incorrectly labeled as Personal.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Inventory (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I asked our Data Warehouse people and they said you should be able to pull this together using what’s in the Data Warehouse already.

Here is the doc for the device data model: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/reports-ref-devices

Interesting entities:
    1) OwnerTypes – Company, Personal, Unknown
    2) Devices – DeviceName, Imei, SerialNumber
    3) Users and UserDeviceAssociation to link to the e-mail address for the user associated with the device

If you used a category for corporate/personal instead, we also have “CategoryId” on the device.

And here’s the link for the data warehouse docs in general
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/reports-nav-create-intune-reports

If that’s not meeting your requirements, please post back and tell me more.

13. Application management policies and wrapper tool for in house windows mobile apps

Request the MAM support and wrapper tool for in house windows mobile apps

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Deployment of W10 through Intune

Hi, how do we prepare for W10 deployment on the pc's (desktops and laptops) of our customer where we control the devices through Intune?These are W7 and W8.1 pc's that do not have the Windows icon on the taskbar. So the users can not reserve their upgrade.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Touch ID

Hi,

Good day.

I've read this blog dated 2015, https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2015/12/16/my-intern-experience-adding-touch-id-support-to-microsoft-intune-mobile-application-management/,
    and adding the Touch ID feature on Intune will have have a great impact on company enrolled devices as an added security.
    Will it be implemented soon?
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Push URL shortcut

We have several company websites that we are promoting for mobile use, we would like to push these urls as shortcuts (some call these webclips). I need the ability to set the title and icon for this URL. Even better, since there are several of these company shortcuts,, for iOS devices it would be good to push a group container, with the shortcuts inside.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. spreadsheeets for aviable policies and settings

Spreadsheets (updated regualarly) of avaiable settings, much like the GPO spreadsheets that are provided by MS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Wipe enterprise data instead of factory reset on personal device

It would certainly be nice when managing personal devices to remove enterprise content (email for example) after X passcode failures instead of factory resetting. Completely wiping a personal device takes us deeper into legal territory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yup, great idea! And we have that! But I agree, it can be tricky to find it in the UI, and you definitely do NOT want to make a mistake with someone’s personal device!

You should know that what gets wiped in what we call a “selective wipe” varies, because some platforms give us more control than others.

Here’s the TechNet documentation
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj676679.aspx. the big long table tells you what gets selectively wiped. Full wipe is easy, so no table.

What gets maybe a bit misleading is you have to go to click retire/wipe, and then you get a choice to do a full or selective wipe.

Hope that helps!

19. compatilbilty matrix between antivirus and best practice requirement

on of my customer want to deploy enterprise antivirus for mobile, and my customer already deploy intune. is there any documentation best practice if we want to deploy antivirus application if we also deploy intune, or is there any compatibility matrix for antivirus that can be run no issue with intune (certified antivirus). please tell me :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automate Device reports in Azure Intune / create report email subscriptions.

Please create a way to generate & email device reports in Azure Intune. this would be most helpful to schedule and send out on a weekly or daily basis so our asset management team can keep an updated inventory list without having to manually run device reports. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base