Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Intune Device Compliance Evaluation not stable (False/Positive)

Intune Device Compliance sometime fails to evaluate the correct data.

We set "Windows Firewall" to be a device compliance setting. The Windows Firewall is running fine but Intune fails to detect (False/Positive) with custom error message:

-2016345612 (Syncml(500): The recipient encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request)

We're also getting sometimes Issue with Evaluation of Bitlocker Settings.

758 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    81 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the additional info. I confirmed that this is NOT the behavior we expect, so we need to investigate this. UserVoice isn’t a good way to dig into this, but support cases are because we can get all the logging information – with appropriate privacy controls – and then there’s a process to feed that to engineering if a code fix is needed.

There’s no charge to open a support case for Intune. Just go to https://aka.ms/intunesupport for how to do it.

I will alert the support team that we have this issue.

(And if by chance you have already opened a support case and have a case ID, please let me know so we can associate those.)

Sorry for the inconvenience!

2. Prevent sharing of data from Managed Apps

Prevent "sharing" of data from Managed Apps iOS only.

So you took care of cut, copy, paste but in iOS there is also an option to share and you can share from managed apps to unmanaged apps.

My client just shared company data from "Managed" Outlook to his WhatsApp contact that was so embarrassing.

See attached pic for the share option

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That doesn’t sound like the expected result, but the best way to tell if it’s a configuration issue, a bug, or a poorly designed admin experience is to open a support case. If it’s a configuration issue, they can help you get it configured and if it’s a bug they can escalate it to the right team to fix it. If it’s a poorly designed experience, they may send you back here to file it as a request to fix it. If that happens, just create a new one with a fix request like “need a feature that will prevent sharing of managed company data in unmanaged apps.”

3. Possible bug: Unable to change Device Category name from Chrome browser

I made some Device Categories on Intune Silverlight console. When I try to change the name from Azure portal by using Google Chrome, it shows an error "An error occurred while saving device category "xxxx". Request ID:: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx". I was able to change it using IE.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Critical alert issue after enabling Intune Service to Service Connector for Hosted Exchange

I enabled the Critical Intune Service to Service Connector for Hosted Exchange a few weeks ago.

Since enabling the connector, we have a 'Critical' alert in our tenant called 'Mobile Device Policy Deployment Failed' with the description 'Microsoft Intune was unable to set the desired mobile device policy for one or more users due to the following error: A2CE0100'.

We don't have any policies currently configured in our Intune tenant - so I'm not clear on what policy this error is referring to. It appears to be impacting all our devices because all our devices are showing the same 'policy…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. MAM without MDM Policy Enabled Applications get random wipe alerts

We have seen a great number of devices that receive random wipe alerts for no actual reason. Does anyone know if this is an official bug or not? MSFT has said they know about it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Should be happening, but this would have to be investigated by opening a support case. To open a support request, go to portal.office.com, click Support in the left navigation, and then click Overview. Click Mobile Device Management and follow the steps. Support for Intune, and for Intune when used with Configuration Manager, is free of charge. Premier Support customers incur charges for procedure questions (for example, how to go about configuring an Intune feature).

6. Please improve this event to that enables accessing the Classic Portal from Windows Server 2012 / IE 10 with no problem

■Description:
    A while ago, we were able to access to Classic Portal without problems, however, we are no longer to access the Classic Portal after updating Silverlight's update.( Since updating is required)

<Platform Impacted>
    Only specific combination : Windows Server 2012 / IE 10

<Details of the event>
    - When accessing the Classic portal (https://admin.manage.microsoft.com/) from Mar 2018, the prompt shows up to indicate the Silverlight updates.
    - Updated the Classic portal to the latest version as following the prompt.
    - After that, the prompt shows up repeatedly, and the same event occurs regardless of how many times…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I talked to the devs who would know, and they said it looks like Silverlight installation issue, because we are not doing anything special there.
    They suggested checking the support matrix of IE and Windows Server to make sure you have a supported combination (apart from Intune)

https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install.

If that’s still not working, the best thing to do is open a support case.

7. Possible Company Portal error , Enrollment fails with SSL Cert issue on Android devices only

Hi all,

We've got ConfigMgr integrated InTune. Our company uses Office 365 w/ on-prem ADFS authentication for Single-Sign-On.

When iOS or other devices (non-Android) use the Company Portal app to login, they're able to complete enrollment. However, Android devices report the error:

Company Portal

Could not sign in. You will need to sign in again. If you see this message again, please contact your IT Admin.

Now, here's the interesting part, when we connect our Android device to the internal Wifi, which bypasses the ADFS Proxies, we're able to enroll and fully manage the device.

I've read that this is…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This sounds more like a support issue than a feature request. To troubleshoot something like this, the best thing is to open a support case. Support is included with the service. To open a support request, go to portal.office.com, click Support in the left navigation, and then click Overview. Click Mobile Device Management and follow the steps.

8. Windows Spotlight

In Device Configuration - Profiles - Policy that is setup - Properties - Setting - Windows Spotlight. If you set Windows Spotlight to Block, it gives an error -2016281112 (Remediation Failed)

The device has been restarted and sync again, but we are still getting this error. Is this a Bug or does a DCR need to be filed to get this fixed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, D, the best way to tell if it’s a configuration issue, a bug, or a poorly designed admin experience is to open a support case. If it’s a configuration issue, they can help you get it configured and if it’s a bug they can escalate it to the right team to fix it. If it’s a poorly designed experience, they may send you back here to file it as a request to fix it. If that happens, just create a new one with a fix request. Sorry, we just can’t diagnose via UserVoice.

9. Issue in setting up and existing device

Mine was working fine when all of a sudden it stopped working and setting up has already taken 4 days. its not setting up now. Please resolve the issue

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    I can’t tell from your post if you are an Intune administrator, or a user at a company that uses Intune.

If you’re an admin, please open a support case and then our support engineers can help you troubleshoot the problem. You can find out more at https://aka.ms/intunesupport

If you are a user, and your device isn’t working with Intune, you’d have to talk to your IT support/help desk for help with this, and they can open a support case with Microsoft, if needed.
    Sorry we can’t be more help here!

10. Android beta compliance

Just downloaded the Android Beta to my Pixel, and received a warning that my device is no longer compliant because my device version is less than 5 (not correct; this is 7.2+ now)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI, Joshua, I can’t tell from your post if you are a user at a company that uses Intune or an IT administrator for Intune. From the screen shot, it looks like maybe you are at an organization that uses Intune and the admin has blocked your device from accessing resources. If that’s true, then you’d need to contact your organization’s helpdesk about their policies.

If you’re the Intune Admin, and you’re saying there’s a bug in how our compliance evaluation is working, you should open an Intune support case to look into it. To open a support case, go to portal.office.com, click Support in the left navigation, and then click Overview. Click Mobile Device Management and follow the steps.
    Hope that helps!

11. I don't want a password on my mobile phone

I don't want a password on my mobile phone

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I can’t tell from your post if you are a user at a company that uses Intune or an IT administrator for Intune.

If you’re the Intune Admin, and you’re having a problem with password policies, you should open an Intune support case to look into it. If you’re someone at an organization that uses Intune, and you’re unhappy with the password policies implemented by your organization, you’d need to contact your help desk.

If you are an admin, or if you want to share this with your admin, here’s how to open a support case:
    Go to portal.office.com, click Support in the left navigation, and then click Overview. Click Mobile Device Management and follow the steps.

12. Hi! I've called the support over 30 times now, waiting in queue for 5 minutes every time, never gets an answer. I'll ask my question here in

Hi! I've called the support over 30 times now, waiting in queue for 5 minutes every time, never get an answer. I'll ask my question here instead.

After doing a password reset through the portal.manage.microsoft.com site, if you accidentally shut down the website, is there no way to see the password again?

My device is encrypted and locked, with a password generated by this website. I cannot make a new password reset because my device does not have a network connection.

Thanks,
    Peter

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable enforce Pincode to a Samsung device using nox. It acctually doesn´t work even if its said

At the moment its not posible to enforce pincode with Intune to a Samsung Device. We are using Samsung nox service. The feature is suppose to be there according to both Microsoft and Samsung but nothing happens when You active it. Been in touch with Samsung and they have given us input that Microsoft need to implement it. From our end is useless to have an MDM where You can´t enforce a pin-code to a Device. It´s absolutely basic feature that I think should be solved Before we talk about anything else om the roadmap

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix the select table number of computer serial

The serial select information number of computers is being held in SYSTEMENCLOSURE table , but should collect the BIOS table information that is the most correct .

await positive return.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cannot add Project title of software. The publisher is there, but not their latest version of the software. Publisher: Bluebeam

Cannot add Project title of software. The publisher is there, but not their latest version of the software. Publisher: Bluebeam, Product: Revue x64 2016.

Can we modify or add to the cataloug Intune uses?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I’m not sure of the repro steps here. Are you talking about adding or editing apps you then deploy using the software publisher, or are you talking about software inventory and trying to edit what you see there? If it’s an app you deployed, you can edit it. If you can’t, then that would be a support case. Or if it’s something else going on and I’m entirely missing the point, a support case would also be your best bet there.

Support is included with the service. To open a support request, go to portal.office.com, click Support in the left navigation, and then click Overview. Click Mobile Device Management and follow the steps.

Also, if you want your name to show up,
    ◾You’ll see your username in the top right corner. Click the “Settings” link underneath.
    ◾You’ll see your email address and username…

16. Access

So the access that I allowed into my phone is only for work related apps? They will not be looking into my contacts, text messages, pictures, or any of my social media accounts? Only asking because I don’t feel my private life should be subject to anyone else’s viewing other than myself!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, from what you’re asking I’m guessing you work at a company that uses Intune to help manage devices that access company data. Microsoft takes privacy very seriously and we design Intune with privacy in mind – the intent is to keep company data and resources safe, not to go snooping in people’s private information!

We have some documentation that we provide to the Intune administrators to help educate users in their companies, but this information might help you as well.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/end-user-educate

If you have additional questions, I’d have to refer you to the helpdesk or support people at your company, so they can talk about how they’re using Intune. Every company can use Intune a bit differently.

17. Endpoint Protection should detect all AV software versions

Endpoint protection not disable when kasperksy installed pop-up displays on log on
    Users on startup get error, "this app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer" when using Kaspersky Endpoint 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Company Portal app currently fails after an Android OS update

After an Android OS update pushed from our carrier (Verizon), the Company Portal app fails to operate properly. We must have the users uninstall and re-install the app. This is 1: not secure (device drops off InTune mgmt), and 2: extremely poor operation for a "required" app that supposedly prevents users from uninstalling it (which is another issue). Also, once this is done, we often see doubled compliance or configuration items in InTune device info, oftenleading to incorrect tagging of the device being non-compliant. Fixing this is an exercise in futility as changes to the InTune database are almost impossible. …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Gordon, that doesn’t sound good, but to investigate and fix it we’d need you to open a support case. That way we can get the logs and have the Q&A we need to resolve it.

To open a support request: Log on to the Azure portal (https://portal.azure.com) with your Intune admin credentials, choose the ? icon in the upper-right corner of the portal, and then select Help + support to go to the Azure Help + support page. On the Azure Help and support page, select New support request. On the Basics blade, for most Intune technical support issues, choose the following options:
    • Issue type: Technical
    • Service: Microsoft Intune
    Support plan: Technical support – included (For Intune technical issues, support is complimentary.)

19. newly applied MAM OneNote policy causes an app reset and closes all open notebooks forcing the user to reconnect them

A newly applied MAM OneNote policy causes an IOS OneNote app reset and closes all the open notebooks forcing the user to reconnect them all manually aftr relaunching the app.

We have also seen it where the app will not relaunch at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. how can remove the app expired status

We added a new provisioning file to Intune using the mobile provisioning profile policy for one of our in-line business iOS apps. Even though the app is working it still shows the app is expired. What else can we do to clear the error mesage

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Jeff, that doesn’t sound like the expected result, but the best way to tell if it’s a configuration issue, a bug, or a poorly designed admin experience is to open a support case. If it’s a configuration issue, they can help you get it configured and if it’s a bug they can escalate it to the right team to fix it. If it’s a poorly designed experience, they may send you back here to file it as a request to fix it. If that happens, just create a new one with a fix request like “clear error messages from apps that aren’t really expired” and we’ll see if it gets traction.

To open a support request: Log on to the Azure portal (https://portal.azure.com) with your Intune admin credentials, choose the ? icon in the upper-right corner of the portal, and then select Help + support to go…

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base