Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MAM Without Enrolment: Android - Remove Requirement for Company Portal

In MAM without Enrolment, on Android devices the Company Portal is required to be installed, but for iOS it is not.
    Can the dependency be removed as it is not required as the Android device does not need to be enrolled.

386 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    23 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, but unfortunately we can’t parity these operating systems. This is one of those things that has to happen on the Apple side before we can do anything. I’m going to close this as “referred to other feedback forum” so you get your votes back, and I encourage you to go file your feedback at https://www.apple.com/feedback

2. please add block screen shot policies in managed app for the iOS managed app

We want when user opens emails on the managed outlook app, the screenshot features get block and user will not able to take screenshot

354 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. iOS doesn’t allow application to control screen shot behavior, but this is admin only in supervised mode. This is one of those things that has to happen on the Apple side before we can do anything. I’m going to close this as “referred to other feedback forum” so you get your votes back, and I encourage you to go file your feedback at https://www.apple.com/feedback

3. Deploy MAM Policy on apps not installed via company portal

We would need, that the applications which aren't installed through company portal (and have the MAM Policy deployed) are also managed.
    For example: I've implemented Microsoft Word App with MAM Policy and this app is deployed as available.
    If the users need Word on one of their devices, they can install it, but if they install for example word from the iOS AppStore, the word app isn't protected.
    If they install it via the company portal, it is protected (then the users get a popup, where they can click on "manage" and afterwards the application is protected).

In my opinion…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. please add block screen shot policies in managed app for the iOS managed app

We want that when the user opens emails on the policy managed apps, the screenshot feature gets block and user will not able to take screenshots. This feature do exist for android but is not their for IOS users.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Control app installation

Feature request - Allow admin user to control what apps (iOS or IPA) to be install on user's devices. At the moment it will report whether the app is compliance or NOT which is useless to us as the user can ignore the message and continue installing whatever app they see.

We require a control that works as: if app store is enabled to allow you to install apps specified on a list of authorised apps. If the app is not on the list, the user get a error/warning message to contact admin etc.

this feature is HIGHLY needed as…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Intune iOS 12.2 Enrollment user experience improvement

When iOS 12.2 Intune enrollment, Management Profile dialog pops up to go to "Settings" app once download is done.
    The dialog is really small and easy to miss.
    Please make it bigger.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. Apple controls this particular dialogue. This is one of those things that has to happen on the Apple side before we can do anything. I’m going to close this as “referred to other feedback forum” so you get your votes back, and I encourage you to go file your feedback at https://www.apple.com/feedback

7. Azure Portal MAM Policy

iOS MAM policy don't have "Block Screenshot feature" .

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AD Password blacklist pool

I would like to have AD Password blacklist pool including wildcards and have possibility to ban usage of easy guessable passwords by end users
    Develop such functionality and implement it into AD

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s a good idea, but it would have to be done by another team. I know there’s the whole One Microsoft thing, but we still have to parcel the work out by products. If you go here https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169401-azure-active-directory you can file feedback on Azure AAD. The name of the site looks different, but it’s all still UserVoice, and the Azure team uses it too because they want your feedback.
    Cathy

9. iOS 11.3 & MDM

Hello,

There seems to be an epidemic around my institution regarding contact management. I am writing this asking for information as I have spent many hours perusing the internet for answers that only seem to allude me. Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

As many of you I'm sure are aware with iOS 11.3.1 comes this really awesome (not) feature from Apple stating that there will be no more flowing of data from "Managed" to "Un-Managed" apps. I have a few questions about this:

• Is contacts a managed app?

• If it is: do we have ability to change status
      • If it…
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Joel, I’m going to encourage you to ask this over in the Intune discussion forums on TechNet. While we have the ability to do some threaded discussions here, TechNet is more designed for Q&A, like people can mark something as “answered” to make it easier if someone has the same question.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=microsoftintuneprod

I’m setting the status to “referred” so you get your vote back to use on something else You can still keep the conversation going – thanks @Stewart for jumping in – but want to make sure you know the other resource is available and there are more people, like our MVPs, watching for questions there.

10. Add unique ID's, serial numbers, or keys for devices to Azure to match unique ID's, serial numbers, or keys for devices in Intune.

Add unique ID's, serial numbers, or keys for devices to Azure to match unique ID's, serial numbers, or keys for devices in Intune. Under devices in Azure, users can have more than one device with the same name although the ID's are different. I would like to be able to factually match an ID, serial number, or key to the device in Intune classic. As of now, admins have to rely on the device with the most updated check-in.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Approval Buttons in Mobile Outlook

Outlook on the desktop has the option to send emails to a certain group of people and have them review, and they have buttons to approve the email to be sent, or reject the email (sends it back to the sender).

It would be nice to have those approve/reject buttons added to the mobile version (Android and iOS) of Outlook.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Matt, I think this is a request for a change in Outlook, not for something admins would do via mobile device management, right? Outlook has a different UserVoice forum:
    https://outlook.uservoice.com/
    I know, I know, we’re “One Microsoft”, but we have to work in units small enough to prioritize requests and get them coded, and they have their own process for evaluating feedback.
    If I’m wrong, and this is actually a request for Intune, let me know.

12. Android should support vpn proxy setting

Android should support vpn proxy setting,
    Intune is not fair to Android device

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Managed Home Screen

Since Android 9 the Power Off button is not working anymore if you use Kiosk Mode with Managed Home Screen App. I assume these information might help you to fix this bug:

It would seem to me the issue is that our implementation of LockTaskMode might not be pushing the LOCKTASKFEATUREGLOBALACTIONS flag by design. It seems the ability to set these features was added in Android 9, which explains why lower-versioned devices haven't shown the behavior.

Here's the details on how these flags are set and what they mean: https://developer.android.com/work/dpc/dedicated-devices/lock-task-mode#customize-ui
    Here's further documentation on the GLOBAL…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Security risk: Office 365 admin requires app PIN

Currently we are unable to apply a MAM policy to the Office 365 Admin app... as per: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/microsoft-intune-partners

There is a major security risk - as the O365 admin app does not prompt for authentication, nor does it allow you to apply a application PIN - which is usually applied via MAM policy settings.

If i put down my phone & someone manages to get access before the 5min time out on my device - they can open O365 Admin app & have admin access to all users \ groups in your tenant. We have 30,000+ users in our AD…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Ben, that is a great idea, and the people who would have to do that are on a different team. I know, I know, “one Microsoft” and all that, but we have to divide into teams efficient enough to get work done. Office 365 has a UserVoice site as well, https://office365.uservoice.com/. Specifically it sounds like you’d want this forum
    https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/312601-office-365-admin-mobile
    And probably just vote for this existing idea
    https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/312601-office-365-admin-mobile/suggestions/9721056-add-pin-security-to-keep-others-from-accessing-my
    It only has one vote, but feel free to campaign for it.

15. Intune support for a multi-service provider scenario

We like some feedback on the following points:
    1. Is the Intune platform currently designed for a multi-Service Provider (SP) scenario using a single Intune tenant. Such as Contoso (SP) managing the Desktop fleet and Fabrikam (SP) managing the mobile handset fleet for Tailspintoys as the customer and Intune tenant owner?

1. Does Microsoft have a multi-service provider approach, as described in 1 above, in their Intune roadmap?
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, this forum is great for submitting feature requests, but it’s not the best forum for conversations. We have discussion forums on TechNet https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=microsoftintuneprod where you can talk with others who use the product and may have more insight on what you’re trying to do.

We have support for one partner managing multiple accounts, but haven’t heard about this particular scenario. We now have role-based access control in Intune on Azure, and we also work within the larger admin contexts for Azure and O365, so there are ways to partition who manages what, but it sounds like there are other factors at work here. Kick it around on the forum and if you come up with a specific thing you think is missing, either tweak this one and reset the status, or open a new one.
    Cathy

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send emails to non-primary email accounts in Dynamics CRM.

The ability to send/cc to a record's non-primary email address.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable activation lock / mass enrolment

We have purchased 250 iPads from EE, who aren't currently enrolled to DEP (annoyingly!). We are on a tight schedule and need to push on with deployment, so cannot return them.
    I have 2 questions 1) Is there any way to mass enrol these devices via InTune without DEP? and question 2) How can I enable activation lock on these devices, so as we can wipe Apple IDs via Intune when these devices are returned?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to roll these out in the next few days!

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Chris, I think you mean this as a question rather than a suggestion. I wish I could be a one-woman tech support, but it’s really outside what I can help with on UserVoice. For questions, the best place to post is https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=microsoftintuneprod. Our awesome MVPs regularly patrol the forums to answer questions and share their experience. If you can stump them, they have a way to escalate questions to the product team. Sorry I can’t be more help on this!

19. Volume purchase program

Hi All,

Planning to buy Paid application via apple store(VPP).

we already purchased an app using a apple id for another MDM, can we use or sign in with same apple ID to buy a app and upload on Intune SCCM 2012?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am told "As long as you generate a new token, and don’t renew the same token used by tangoe, it should be fine. However you’d have to talk to Apple to try to transfer over any purchases to the new token. "

I think this was more question than request. If you have a request for a feature change along with this information, I’ll keep it open, otherwise I’m going to mark it “referred to other feedback forum” and recommend you check out our discussion forums on TechNet: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=microsoftintuneprod
    They’re better for Q&A sorts of things. :-)

20. Branding

We need that managed devices had a fixed wallpaper. We didn't find any settings to do that in Windows mobile or Android.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Android doesn’t let us set that. You can go to the Android Issue Tracker to submit feedback on the Android OS – https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/list.

Windows Phone 8.1 will let you set the theme and the accent color using a custom OMA-URI, but not the wallpaper. Here’s the OMA-URI info
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn878027.aspx and in that article is a link to the Windows Phone 8.1 MDM protocol documentation.

You might be able to do something with Win10 using the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD)
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/hardware/dn916109(v=vs.85).aspx

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base