Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Improve the Application deployment capabilities for Windows

Now with all the new features of Windows 10 and Intune as the no. 1 cloud management for this platform - there are so many things missing in order for application deployment feature to be a full solution.
1. Add the ability to edit existing source files of applications
2. add detection methods by registry VALUES or file VERSIONS like SCCM
3. more deploy options rather than just MSI\EXE (bat, cmd, vbs, ps1 etc...)
4. add application dependencies...

I think that in short, I can say - make the application deployment features of SCCM (that are perfect) to be available for Microsoft Intune.
I admit I was surprised to find out that integrating SCCM with Intune doesn't affect the PC management but only the MD management.

107 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tamir Levy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to at least download or view files used for custom applications or PowerShell scripts is frustrating. I can see not having this capability for store apps but for custom applications and scripts this would be useful. What if someone wants to add something to an existing PowerShell script but the person who created the script didn't save a copy when they created it? For PowerShell at least, why not have a built in editor/viewer?

Hi. Julien

Can you share the trick to deploy Application using cmd, bat, ps1?

I'd love to see the ability to deploy Bat, CMD, VBS, PS1 to PC. These have been a staple of PC Managment for years. Or how about deploy a Zip file and run a CMD/EXE from within the ZIP file. This would take care of dependencies on multiple file deployments.

• Julien Garrigue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello!
    Yes, application dependencies is interesting because some software need a package (like .net 3.5) to be installed before otherwise it cannot be installed.

By the way, Tamir, it's already possible to deploy cmd, bat, ps1 via Intune with a little trick I can give you if you want.

• Tamir Levy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cathy. first of all - amazing! that was a super fast response
    the OMA-DM client is great for management in terms of policy style settings. correct me if I'm wrong but the client doesn't help me with deploying applications.
    I have SCCM to cover all my internal employees app delivery.
    now I was hoping that Intune could help me with delivering apps to the home users \ BYOD users with Windows 10.

Feedback and Knowledge Base