Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Add certificate + username & password as a Authentication method in VPN profiles iOS/Android

We really need certificate + username & password as a Authentication Method in vpn profiles for iOS/Android. We have changed our mdm to Intune and only thing that is missing right now is that. Before we had airwatch and it allowed us to do that so our F5 Edge client could authenticate by certificate and username+password. Now in Intune i can choose only certificate (or username). When F5 Edge client gets profile from Intune and i click connect it wouldnt connect because it wouldnt ask me for username and password. I have to edit that profile on F5 app and in username field enter my username and save it. Then it works. But we cannot tell 2000 users to do that manually!!!
Some might say why would you need certificate + username and password but these devices (ios/android) often get to our little ones hands so imagine that little kid clicks connect and there is no password prompt and then he has access to company stuff which might get deleted or so.
Others might say ok then change authentication to username and password only but we want to allow to connect to F5 only devices with certificates (trusted devices not all devices).
So please consider adding certificate + username and password as authentication method to vpn profile as other mdm solutions did.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)