Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Conditional access for on premise exchange and Outlook App

The below link was updated on the 17th of December. This still states that it is not possible with an on premise Exchange solution “The Microsoft Outlook app for Android and iOS (for Exchange Online only)”.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dn818907.aspx

This is directly affecting our implementation of Intune throughout our organisation.

The Outlook App is used by many users and this would be blocked if we implement conditional access.

The business needs to know if this is going to be corrected in future updates or if we are going to have to look at alternative solutions.

Thanks

233 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this feature? Our TAM had also indicated a Q2 release but still no update!

• Faisal SaleemFaisal Saleem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Paul, your link does not state anything about conditional access support for on premise exchange for outlook mobile app, at least not that i can see.
        Any update on this at all, my account manager said this is due for Q2 this year and it is also holding up 600 user deployments for us.

• GavinGavin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are poised to enable conditional access and this is a major hurdle for us. Around 200 of 600 users have Outlook installed and we're faced with banning the app outright or setting an exclusion (which is a huge hole and why we're doing conditional access in the first place.

Any possible time frames that can be shared, would be much appreciated.

• Karim El-MelhaouiKarim El-Melhaoui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering to create our own Conditional Access for Exchange On-Premises using Graph API and PowerShell this wouldn't be a too complex task. Hopefully Microsoft will make it integrated if not we will have to do it ourselves.

@Microsoft: Are there any update on this issue?

For a regulated company, this could be the issue that prevents us from using Intune. MS should address this sooner rather than later. Many financal companies have the same concern.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The situation is actually worse, with Intune connected to a Configuration Manager implementation (Hybrid) I'm finding that rather than blocking connections from the Outlook app the solution allows email access without applying conditional access. This means a user can connect and receive email on a non-managed device. I could block the Outlook app at the exchange level, but "native" email app is not in the "container" which then prohibits using the applications receiving MAM policies such a OneDrive, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

Is there any plans to support this configuration in the future? This is still preventing our full roll out across our company. We need to know if this is coming so the business can make a decision about cancelling our subscription and using an alternative supplier.

• stewart lawriestewart lawrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is incredible that Microsoft continue to force people down the O365route and not consider the 1000's of businesses that wish to retain their on Premise solutions needless to say introducing application to support Mobile management and not even support their own primary apps like Outlook. This needs sorting out ASAP.

Feedback and Knowledge Base