Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

application policies should support multiple identities from the same company for a given device

Support for multiple email address policies for the same device. This is becasue we have "C" level admins who manage both the calendar and address book of the executive on their own devices. Intune does not support this as it produces an error when trying to push out two profiles.

1,186 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
noted  ·  AdminCathy Moya (Program Manager, Microsoft Intune) responded  · 

Confirmed that it is currently by design that conditional access allows only one identity per device at this time. We hear that you need this and we’re looking into it. I’ve changed the title and category to indicate that this is related to conditional access.

Again, this is just for multiple identities from the same company. If you’re looking for having one device with identities from two different companies for MDM, that idea is here:
https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681/suggestions/31313071
And if you’re looking for having multiple identities for MAM, that idea is here: https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681/suggestions/34627435

85 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt West commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@JohnPell how would you setup admin assistants to then manage their C-level execs mailbox from a mobile device?

• John Pell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not that my opinion counts for much, but I hugely disagree with the notion that multiple identities from the same company should be supported. That’s sounds extremely like poor identity management by the company, not a needed feature by the app

• Hayden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Cathy even though nothing seemingly is being done about these issues, it's good you at least acknowledged the comments on this user voice. How about an acknowledgement on the other 2 that you actually linked to! Your partners, IT SI and consultants are being hurt by the single profile single organisation restrictions most, and we'r are supposed to be your product champions! If you don't look after us, how can you expect us to go out and sing the praises of Intune for device and app management?

• V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue, need to be able to have multiple email accounts (same company) on one device... are we any further forward with getting this configured?

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have several two mailbox setups on 1 device. Currently you can only have 1 mailbox setup in Intune per device. Suggestion would be to allow for more than one mailbox profile allowed on a single device through Intune.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can't add multiple accounts to Outlook on Android and IOS. This is required urgently

• Dustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now only should it be from the same company, multiple identities from different companies should be allowed, too. For instance, claims like “you can use Outlook for a corporate and personal account and block transfer of data,” is fine, but if both accounts have app policies, it is a no go.

We need to have the ability to allow delegated mailboxes AND a user's primary mailbox to be configured onto a mobile device for EAs to support their Managers . . .

I want this account to remain on the ipad so i can mangage them and deploy apps.
    The issue is trying to use Onedrive, or word or any of the Microsoft Apps with other accounts. It wont allow me to add other accounts. Gives me an error I need to be able to allow anyone of my organisation to add their accounts use the apps and then log out.

When can we expect this. it used to work and now does not so it is a product defect even though you don't admit it. Please return this functionality ASAP

• MalG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the original entry about Conditional Access or Intune MAM App Protection policy assignment and activation? I though it was more Intune MAM policy related.

• Suhel Hussain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cathy, the link you have provided is fine for the Outlook client on a laptop/desktop but doesn't apply to a mobile device. The Outlook Mobile app for some reason doesn't support shared mailboxes! This is just crazy!

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Cathy I'm not sure that this should be renamed to Push multiple email profiles.

Whilst that would be useful we are keen to see the support added as per the original request where users can manually add more than one email profile within a Managed Application... the typical C Level and Secretary scenarios.

• Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add us to the request. This was working for over a year, and then just stopped. Microsoft engineers keep telling us that this has never worked, yet we know it has.
    Please 'fix' this issue.

• Venkatesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a full time employee of one company and will support client. Now we need to monitor both the client and my company mailboxes frequently. my company uses intune to manage device to access outlook and my company even uses intune to manage my device. In this case intune allows only one admin to control not both /multiple.

• Jeremy B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I guess we'll just forget about this. UserVoice has the problem of interpretation, misunderstanding, and sometimes just indvidual choice to deny feature requests. Somebody's got to open a new one and hope for the best.

i need to connect two different mails form different organizations on same mobile.

• Mal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue is with Outlook mobile and Intune MAM App Protection enabled enterprise accounts. Outlook app only allows one enterprise user's account which is Intune MAM App Protection managed in the Outlook app.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base