Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

bulk enrollment (android)

At the moment we (IT) have to setup android devices manually and then get the user to enrol to intune.

This is proven difficult to managed and the enrolment rate is only %75.

is there a better way to pre enrol or bulk enrol devices ?

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
hernando shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James Read commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like how Intune uses the Knox Enrollment program, but it does feel incomplete. I would be great to use it for Kiosk devices.

• Rob de Roos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our case our customer has bought 100’s of Android devices. They need to be enrolled before they are handed to the users. Now what we have to do is, create a google account per device, log on to the play store, download the company portal, enroll the device. That is far to much work to get a device enrolled!!

IfnI take a look at the android for work partners at google, microsoft isn’t one of the partners.

iOS has DEP to bulk enroll. We need something like that for Android

• BS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm suspecting this will be possible from android 8 on, as google recently announced something about android enterprise

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cathy,

I think to understand the workflow, we just have to look at the way Apple's DEP works with Intune at the moment. The reseller DEP enables a device > Adds the serials to the customers Apple DEP portal > this portal syncs with Intune > IT Admins can then assign the device a profile and voila the out of box experience for the end user is almost seamless.

Samsung Knox have a similar program which can be found here:

https://www.samsungknox.com/en/solutions/mobile-enrollment

Ideally this what looks like the closest thing that an Android manufacturer can off that compares to a process as solid as the Apple DEP process, I'm not sure about Hernando but for our business this would certainly be a big step forward to offering a well rounded mobile offering with a streamlined process for both major mobile OS's.

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Hernando, like with iOS that has DEP to solve this exact problem... There doesn't appear to be an Android solution to this in intune? The Samsung Knox enrollment program is the obvious solution, very surprised that intune doesn't support this, will have to avoid Android for now.

• Hernando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @cathy we are now moved away from windows phone to Samsung Phone/tablets, We do used the Manager Account to manage some Kiosk Devices but for our users it would be good to "pre-enrollment" devices , maybe by using the Samsung Knox Enrollment program,

https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/17636158-samsung-knox-mobile-enrollment

Why is Microsoft not a partner of the Samsung enrollment program ?

https://www.samsungknox.com/en/solutions/mobile-enrollment

Feedback and Knowledge Base