Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Remove or Uninstall Option For Email, Wi-Fi, & VPN Profiles

It would be great just to have an option to remove profiles from a device without having to fully retire a device. I know certain profiles will not even be removed even after a select wipe depending on the platform.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Takema Murata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if the group is removed from the distribution target when distributing the Wi-Fi profile, it remains. If you want to add or delete profiles frequently, extra profiles will be left, so please delete the profile by polling after it is no longer subject to policy deployment. Wi-Fi profiles are distributed on Windows 10 Mobile, but profiles can not be deleted manually, unnecessary profiles continue to increase, so that usability is not good.

• AdminCathy Moya (UserVoice admin for Intune, Microsoft Intune) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Sonia, it sounds like you might need more help than I can give in a forum like this. I'd encourage you to call our support line and have them walk you through it and see if there are problems that need troubleshooting.

Support is included with the service. To open a support request, go to portal.office.com, click Support in the left navigation, and then click Overview. Click Mobile Device Management and follow the steps.

• Sonia Chung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Cathy, may I know how we can remove email profile from iOS iPad Pro? We tried to remove the user from the email profile deployment user group but the email profile remains in the DEP iPad. Please advise.

• Sean DeLessio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think those are platform restrictions because Airwatch lets you selectively remove whatever profile or managed app you like from a device without doing a full Enterprise Wipe. We are currently migrating from Airwatch to InTune for Office365 integration, but this level of device management is sorely missed and an inconvenience to the user because of the added time required in troubleshooting

• AdminCathy Moya (UserVoice admin for Intune, Microsoft Intune) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yah, the thing with that is, some things can't get removed because of platform restrictions. We'd like selective wipe to clean up as much as we can, but if the OS won't let us, we're sort of stuck. If you can give a specific example of a profile and platform you're not seeing removed, I can verify with that feature team that it's due to an OS limitation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base