Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

MDM Initiated Activation Lock

With iOS 9.3, EMM providers can work with Apple’s DEP servers to enforce activation lock on the device and override the activation lock if necessary.

Please enable this iOS 9.3 feature.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Read commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This item is referring to the iOS activation lock feature. I believe that was already completed when you added your bypass activation lock feature for iOS devices.

Thanks for the heads up for the compliance item to force locking devices. I don't think that addresses this suggestion, but I already consider this suggestion completed with the bypass activation lock feature added.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, Apple built this in to iOS months ago, any status? Is your product group even aware of the enterprise features that were released with iOS 9 and 9.3? I know your competitors are aware of these features and already built in support to their products for their customers, several of them on day 1.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cathy, thank you for your response. This is actually much different than the feature you have linked. This is a new feature that Apple just released for MDM's with iOS 9.3. It enables you to be able to enable Activation Lock on your supervised and DEP enrolled phones remotely directly from your MDM console. Please see this link from one of your competitors regarding this new feature. https://www.mobileiron.com/en/smartwork-blog/ios-93-and-emm-5-new-features-will-matter-you

I must say that it is quite discouraging to see Intune being so far behind other MDM's when it comes to keeping up with support of new iOS features as they are released from Apple. Many MDM's support them from day one of release, and inform and tout their support in regards to the new features to their customers right away. Instead with Intune customers have to go onto here to inform your PG about these new features and wait around for months for their eventual support while other MDM customers are able to leverage these new features right away, while in doing so provide their users a more productive, secure experience right away as these new features are released.

Feedback and Knowledge Base