product install & setup
We're trying to use the MDM in office 365. This really need to be a much more finished product before you publish it. The documentation does not match the screens we are seeing on setup. This needs to run much much faster to be a useful product. 96 hours to get an e-mail user set up is just not going to work in the real world. The settings leave to much room for users to bypass policies, there is to much data leakage. reports don't work.
We set this up and try to enroll users, I'm told it will take up to 48 hours for an initial e-mail to be sent to the users to get them to install Intune. Once they install and configure it I'm told that again it will take up to 48 hours before it STARTS to sync e-mail. In the real world this is just not an acceptable timeframe.
We tried a selective wipe, and immediately after the wipe the user is able to reconnect and sync e-mails using standard activesync within minutes. A security hole like this just will not work in the real world.
There's only one report that comes out of office 365, when we try to run that it takes a long time (5 min, with 2 devices connected) and then produces a report that says 0 devices connected.
Hi, Phillip, I’m sorry to hear it’s taking so long to get it running. You’re talking about a lot of issues here, and I’m not clear which are configuration issues where a support call could help and which are specific suggestions for improvement. For example, on the last issue, I don’t know if there’s something wrong and you need support to look into why there are no devices in the report, or you want to file a suggestion to decrease the time it take to run the report. So I’m not sure what I can do to help. :-(
Hi, Phillip, I'm sorry it's been so frustrating. If you can give me some case numbers I can have someone look into it.
Philip Lawson commented
Hi Cathy, sorry for the late reply its been a little busy here. The problems that we are having with reports are apparently a known bug. The report that comes out of this just does not work, and they have not given us a time frame for a fix. One of the features of this product that you advertise is that it will report non compliant phones to us, and yet it does not. We've just been having a lot of problems with getting this running. I've been dealing with support quite a bit, and it seems they really don't know the produce - one example is back to selective wipe, I've been told again that this product will not do that and I know it will since we have tested that. It seems that your support folks don't have the level of knowledge of the product that I would expect. This just gets worse if you get outside of their small area of knowledge. I'd expect folks supporting a product that manages access from mobile devices to exchange server to have some knowledge of exchange. That is just not the case. It's just been a frustrating process for us.