Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Unable to remove a user from O365 MDM

After testing O365 MDM, we removed all policies, devices and users from the MDM group that was created for testing. However, 6 months later, the test user is still being prompted to enroll in MDM when logging into OneDrive for Business app on any mobile device. I opened a support ticket and they put the user back into the MDM group and put the group into the global MDM policies exception list. That stopped the alerts to the user to enroll but said that you cannot remove a user from O365 MDM once they have been enrolled previously. So now i have to leave the user and the group configured forever but told that if we purcahse Intune that it would take over this configuration. Is there no way to remove the MDM configuration for this user without buying Intune?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Glen Steffens shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
noted  ·  AdminCathy Moya (Program Manager, Microsoft Intune) responded  · 

Hi, Glen, I talked to our engineering team and they said that doesn’t sound right – if you take the user out of the group, the policy should not be applied and the user should not get prompted to enroll. (And much as we’d love you to buy Intune, we don’t want you to do it just to resolve this issue!)

Would you be able to give me the support case number so I can look into this?

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base