Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Deploy Mac VPP apps via InTune

Currently Intune only supports the deployment of iOS apps not Mac OS apps. To deploy the apps we need to rely on a separate MDM solution at a cost. We're looking to use InTune as a National solution (Australia wide) We have 100 Macs in our environment and they are becoming more difficult to manage.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alyce Chiodo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminCathy Moya (Program Manager, Microsoft Intune) responded  · 

I have to correct this status – we released VPP for iOS last spring, but MacOS VPP was not included at that time. We have fixed the error in the docs that made me think it was done along with iOS. However, I have confirmed that we have started this work and are eager to deliver it as soon as we can, like months, not years. I’m sorry for any confusion this caused.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alyce Chiodo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cathy, thank you for the update. Are MS working on the ability to only deploy app store apps or dmg files as well?

• Mark Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like the OP, I work for a large entity in Australia, and we're tossing up between Intune (linked to O365) and other MDMs for this reason. We have no control over the Macs at present, so combining Intune with O365 would be a way to bring them into the fold. I have discussed with my Microsoft Account Manager (Chris Burrows) this problem and he is trawling the world of Microsoft for an answer. A roadmap for this would be helpful in making decisions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base