Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

The Restart Countdown timer reports an incorrect time

I can request a restart of a managed computer device from the Intune Console. The user is prompted that a restart has been requested and a countdown time is displayed. Before this week, the countdown timer would display that the restart would occur automatically in 12:15:00 and start counting down. The actual restart would occur in 15 minutes. I reported this to support and was told it was a known issue to be fixed.

This week I tested again and the countdown timer started at 2:00:00 and began counting down (2 hours). I decided to wait to see how long it actually took. When it came time for the countdown to change from 1:00:00, instead of it going to 59:59, it changed to 12:59:59.

The reboot did occur after 2 hours.

When issuing a restart on a computer, it would be nice to be able to choose a time before forcing the restart. (15 minutes was a good default, but 2 hours is too long). It would also be nice if the programmers figured out how to display 0 hours as 0 hours and not 12 hours.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
John Ferguson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
noted  ·  AdminCathy Moya (Program Manager, Microsoft Intune) responded  · 

Hi, John, yes, we do read these, but it says in the last paragraph “it would be nice”, so I interpreted that as a suggestion. Rereading it, I realize that the second “it would be nice” might be a bug, but even then the next step to figure out if it is would be to open a support case. Which you already did. That is definitely the faster path – they have a service level agreement for responding to calls, but I can’t match that on UserVoice. Sorry if you were feeling ignored. But hopefully you got it fixed.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John Ferguson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the quick response of the feedback forum, case 116071993868555 was opened with support.

Does anyone read these?

Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base