Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Intune PC Client won't install on Windows 10 (1607 - Build 14393)

The Intune Agent (Full Client) won't install on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 (Build 14393). The RTM bits are available and we've seen the install fail across multiple tenants, users, and devices running 1607. I'm hoping this is fixed before 8/2 but when I called into support they said that they're not aware of the issue. The installer gives an error message of, "The software cannot be installed, 0x80cf4fff."

229 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aaron Marks shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have determined that impact is limited to specific criteria. We have provided notice in the O365 Admin Console in the Message Center to potentially impacted customers – look for MC75045 in the O365 Admin Console for more information.

If you do not see the message but are experiencing this issue, please open a support case.

Support is included with the service. To open a support request, go to portal.office.com, click Support in the left navigation, and then click Overview. Click Mobile Device Management and follow the steps.

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am still getting this error on win10 1607 but funny enough, it installs on my mac laptops without issue. C'mon microsoft...

Seriously MS, you do not even support Intune client on your flagship OS.... this is just not good enough. March 17 now, and the client is still not updated yet.

• David B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates to this? Now Feb '17 and having the same issue with the 0x80043004 error code

• Too soft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not working... This issue is going on for so many months and its still not fixed :/

• Your an Idiot Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you a complete F%^&* idiot? Cathy, I pray that you immediately get fired from your job!!@!@ you are a complete A%%$%^& hole!!!

What the Fu$%^ are you talking about look for MC75045? Are you Fu^&*( ********?

You are a complete idiot!!!

• subhash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried again today on a different PC. After WIn 1607; KB 3176938"., but still Intune client not installing both with cert file.

• Justin T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not receive the notice MC75045 in my O365 admin center. What is this workaround and how do I perform it?

• Fábio Bretes Vitor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tested on a Windows 1607 with KB3176938. No need to re-download Intune sources. The installation was successfully in a folder containing .exe and .accountcert files.

• Chad Simmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both installing the KB3176938 and the workaround (deleting the MicrosoftIntune.accountcert file) worked for me today.
        MC75045 never showed up in my O365 Admin Console, but the issue does appear to be resolved now.

• subhash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed latest win update Win 10 1607 - August 31, 2016 — KB3176938 (OS Build 14393.105). still Intune client is not installing. This time it is giving a different error code 0x80043004. earlier it was used to be 0x80cf4fff.
        What is happening ? please suggest.

This workes for me:
        Work around is remove certificate from intune folder then install , it will asked you to login .that's it . I just tried on two machine it went fine.

But now way to automate...

• Brett RObinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so what, the windows update didnt fix it and there is now a workaround?
        how about those businesses that need to automate the install on more than 100 machines? (in our case 1600)

• Urooj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work around is remove certificate from intune folder then install , it will asked you to login .that's it . I just tried on two machine it went fine.

• Chris S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, looks like even though I was able to install the Intune Client successfully on my 1607 build yesterday (on release preview), I just received the Windows 10 1607 cumulative update just now (7:30pm EST on 8/30).

If anyone is successful at now installing the Intune Client on a 1607 PC with the cumulative update, are you able to link your user to your device through the Company Portal app? I can see my device is managed in Intune, but not linked to a user. When I open the Company Portal app and sign in, it doesn't allow me to link my user account, nor does the Intune Center App allow me to do so either.

• Bill* commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a clean install of Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 done by the Microsoft store and I get this error. How specific a criteria is this???

• Fábio Bretes Vitor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've experienced the same. I've tried to run the "Microsoft_Intune_Setup.exe" without "MicrosoftIntune.accountcert" in the same folder. The Setup asked my Office 365 credentials and installed successfully. Well, for me Works as a workground.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base