Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Auto Selective Wipe When an Account is closed.

When an end user account is set to auto-expire, this will also perform a selective wipe on the end user devices on the date/time the expiration was set.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@TheScreamingRichard – If you can do it in the UI, you can do it with Graph – we build the UI entirely on top of Graph. :-)

This page has the remote actions
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/resources/intune_devices_remoteaction

There’s one member called
    factoryReset

and there’s a different member called
    removeCompanyData

there’s also one called
    factoryResetKeepEnrollmentData

I’m assuming it’s one of those you’d be able to call for a Graph-based solution, though our Graph people are all at Build this week so if that’s not what you need I can ask them when they get back.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • The Screamin Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Cathy, Unfortunately the Graph API "wipe" is actually a factory reset and not a selected wipe like "Remove company data" for MDM or "App selective wipe" for MAM. Unless I'm missing something.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be absolutely gold for us as we need to wipe a student's device when they leave the college to make sure that we remove any of our college owned apps and setting. This would automate our "off boarding" of exiting students so their device is ready for the next school they enroll in as well

• T. Kuisma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it possible to configure, so that when AAD user account is disabled or deleted, personal mobile devices related to that account are wiped & deleted from Intune. Same thing should happen if EMS/Intune license is removed from the user, but with some delay (week or so).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you set and end user account to auto-expire? That is a suggestion I had raised in the O365 uservoice forums

Feedback and Knowledge Base