Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Show WAN IP Address for Agent

When viewing devices in Microsoft InTune, it would be handy to see the WAN IP Address and a Map with its approximate location. perhaps even a history of WAN IPs with DateTime stamps,

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have released some Dell 5290 2in1 and would be very handy to get Public IP when they check in Intune . Very handy when it comes to troubleshooting LTE device.

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We had one of our Macs stolen recently. It's also enrolled in DEP, so I figured "hey, no problem, as soon as it comes back online it'll talk to Intune and I'll have a public IP to give to the police".

Nope. I have to hope that they leave it online long enough to install our remote management software which does record the public IP. How is such an important feature like showing what IP addresses a device has left out? This is important for not only troubleshooting (determining what network segment a device is connected to), but also for recovery (such as theft, in my case).

• MIchelle S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 - we're looking at migrating from Jamf to InTune for iPads, but InTune does not list the IP address (internal or WAN, depending on how they are connecting). That is very important to us, as the IP address tells us which of our 30 buildings the iPad is in, or if it's an external IP address it tells us that the iPad is connecting outside our building's wi-fi.

Feedback and Knowledge Base