Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Migrate Intune PC management into new Azure Intune portal

Very cool that the Mobile portion has been migrate into the new Azure Intune portal.

But what the current PC management?
Why does it still require the old Silverlight portal?
Bad experience to browse between 2 portal.

Can you guys migrate everything into the new Azure Intune Portal?

Please Intune Team, migrate the PC management portion into the new Azure Intune Portal for the benefit of your clients,

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jean-Philippe Breton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shahaizan Jamal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's already Nov and this is still causing a headache for my projects. We have no idea if we should be using classic portal where the Intune agent is there for Win 7 machines. Right now, the Azure Portal does not have any policies applicable to manage the Intune agent.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the recent change to Intune and AAD groups, we've practically completely lost visibility and organization into how we deploy Windows patches to various computer groups. What used to be a good product with a poor UI has now gone to a product with an almost unusable UI.

It's very frustrating that a part of the Intune feature set was migrated to the Azure portal and the part that is still required to be maintained in the classic portal (i.e., Windows patching and endpoint protection) is severely limited in its ability to find anything when you can't view any groups.

I would advocate for ALL Intune features to be integrated with the Azure portal for a unified management UI and better experience over the Silverlight based portal. With Groups being an integral part of our Intune usage for patching and A/V, it's a shame that we can't continue using them through the Classic portal.

• Matthew Kemper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Chris S. on this. The documentation has too many versions and there isn't a clear line of communication saying it all isn't integrated. It took me talking to three different Microsoft employees to finally get a straight answer. Two of them said I would be able to use it for PC management and said that they even migrated everything over to Azure portal. How do they expect IT professionals to limit themselves to on online Intune portal on just IE for the rest of time? I was told it was being looked at and I would have to go back and forth between the tools to do very similar tasks between PC and mobile devices.

• Tyler Klobassa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything that uses the client from my understanding is not going to move over to Azure Intune. That system for configuration of devices will eventually go away and everything will become mobile enrolled (no more client install).

They don't move it over, because they want us to stop using it: no ETA on timeline for that currently.

• Chris S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was under the impression that the Intune Azure portal was fully "GA" already - so I'm very confused how (what I would expect to be) a fairly largely used feature like the Intune PC Agent management could have been missed, ignored or just not communicated about. How can you call the Intune Azure portal GA if all the functionality hasn't been moved yet and without communicating what hasn't been moved yet and the timeline for moving it all?

Feedback and Knowledge Base