Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Remotely uninstall specific app(s) from a particular device

It is now possible to perform app selective wipe but this function is for Microsoft apps only. It is also possible to uninstall a specific app from all devices. However, there is no way to select specific apps to uninstall from a particular device. This feature is useful for troubleshooting app installation or to force-install for only one device/user.

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Charles Wong shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of the week of Nov 26, 2018, you can remove any app on corporate-owned supervised iOS devices. You can remove any app by targeting either user or device groups with an Uninstall assignment type. For personal or unsupervised iOS devices, you will continue to be able to remove only apps that were installed using Intune.

Does this fill the request, or do you need to be able to remove apps on personal or unsupervised devices?

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gitte Lysell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often have problems with an app failing installation on an iPad. It would be immensely helpful to be able to select an app on one device and tell it to uninstall and then install again. Creating an uninstall assignment is very cumbersome, and will also be in conflict with the install assignment already deployed to a dynamic group the user is a member of.

• Mike Getchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had this as a request with the MS team for quite a while. Administrators should be able to easily (from the device info page) to manually delete and/or update a managed app.
    When some apps cannot be updated per the local VPP update all setting, there needs to be a better way to update individual apps. In a healthcare situation this is imperative.

• Ash Hoque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me it would be the latter, and also the ability to address the removal of LOB android apps by admin if the apps are causing an issue.

• Charles Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is exactly as Andrew described. An example: I go to the Device page of a particular user/device and then see the list of managed apps, and remove any of those apps individually. Although now we have the Uninstall assignment type, this method requires more time to assign, monitor and then maybe remove the user/group later.

• Andrew Dawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this request as;
    - The ability to remove a "managed app" from a device regardless of the assignment.

This is an option in many EMM solutions, an example would be to present a list of installed applications with the ability to do an individual push/remove actions on a device. (this would be limited to remove applications already installed and push for available/required assignments)

• Lee Gaupp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm hoping that something is coming soon on this. We need a way to remove apps, specifically LOB apps. If there's a way and I'm missing it, I'd appreciate an assist.

• Ash Hoque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also looking for this option in particular for LOB required apps. The required aspect means the users are unable to uninstall from device, but admins should be able to from portal. The current situation means the only way to troubleshoot a problematic LOB required app that requires uninstall is to unenroll device, uninstall the app, and then re-enrol. This is cumbersome and depending on how dynamic device groups for policy assignment can be time consuming.

Feedback and Knowledge Base