Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Release Management Enhancement

Currently Intune SaaS and Company Portal Update Notifications are not always communicated, especially when changes impact the End User experience. Can we have notifications about updates or even advance notification of applied SaaS Updates appearing on the Intune Dashboard so that Administrator can be aware of the work MS are carrying out at the SaaS backend? Currently Admins have to take reactive measures rather than proactive due to the nature of MS's release process. This is tun looks bad when a partner has to submit a ticket to investigate an update MS have already applied to Intune Service or Company Portal.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ronan Moriarty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m not really sure what you’re asking for here.
    For the company portal changes, have you seen this topic, UI updates for Intune end user apps?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/whats-new-app-ui

We update that regularly whenever we make changes that end users will see, because we heard from customers that it helps them keep their internal docs up to date.

We don’t provide pictures for the Intune admin console because there’s too much UI to cover too frequently, but we do document what’s changing here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/whats-new and we update that frequently. Also, when we do our major monthly service release, we post a notification in the Office Message Center at portal.office.com and remind you to look at the What’s New topic for the fresh updates for that service release.

Is there something different you’re asking for?

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminCathy Moya (UserVoice admin for Intune, Microsoft Intune) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, let me dig a bit more. :-) When you say "the best place for notifications to be placed are in the Dashboard itself", what kinds of notifications would you want to see - the notice that currently shows up in office.portal.com saying "your service has been updated", or the actual list of the changes that is currently in the docs? Or something else? Or all of the above? Walk me through your ideal experience.

• Ronan Moriarty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Cathy, & yes the new-app IU page on MS Docs is useful. However Intune admin in their day-to-day work are logged into the Intune Console/Blade. I feel the best place for notifications to be placed are in the Dashboard itself rather then having the admin to look up MS Docs periodically on chance there might be an update.

Feedback and Knowledge Base