Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Change registereed owner for corporate owned devices

We shouldnt have to reenroll a device everytime a device changes owner. Please can you make it possible to change the device owner for corporate devices so we can propally audit without additional software? Kinda the purpose of an MDM

1,532 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Luke Page shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

118 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joseph Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, its great that this is moving forward. However for my organization we'd rather manage the device owner and primary user than a dynamic scenario based on duration of use.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for working on this. It would be great if the registered owner could be dynamic like based on the account that uses it the most. That means if a device changes hands to a new user it will automatically change the owner to them after so many hours of continuous use over a period of time.

• Anoniem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have this solved.
    We do face issues with our portal with devices which are added by a central user.

• SaraRenee0416 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For us that use Azure Hybrid Join via the Azure AD Connector, it seems to be an issue that AAD Connector reads and syncs the ms-DS-CreatorSID when non-domain admins join Windows 10 machines to the domain. This automatically makes the SID owner (person who joined the domain) the registered owner within Azure AD for that device. Being allowed to remove this registered owner would hopefully allow the next user who uses an Azure resource from that device to be the registered owner, this would be a nice feature to have.
    In our case we do not worry about the maximum number of Azure Devices since we use Hybrid join, but for others this could be problematic for their IT staff causing additional overhead to un-enroll and re-enroll devices. Again, this will become an issue if you use Intune device enrollment restrictions as well.
    Needless to say the Device Ownership in Azure AD is an Azure AD attribute, but once it is enrolled and MDM managed you should be able to manage all aspects of the device within Intune.
    Please enable a feature to allow modification of the Device Registered Owner within Intune for corporate MDM enrolled devices.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates about this topic? We can't use the Company portal because the devices were added with an additional administrator (Windows 10).

• Pantelis Apostolidis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@amy spring
    In the Uservoice, do you really read the comments?
    reading just the last 6 comments I see complains about Windows 10. But you say "I’m only seeing IOS devices in your comments, " . So something is wrong with the process.

the problem has multiple dimensions. One dimension is the owner of Windows 10 devices in Intune Portal. There is no way to change this. We need to be able to change the owner.
    Let me describe the scenario. My Helpdesk department prepares a laptop for an employee. The Intune portal shows as OWNER the helpdesk employee user name instead of the final user. And there is no way to change it. This is what I ask.
    This happens with iOS devices too.

• AR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Windows 10 devices when first enrolling assign admin priv and ownership to the first user logging in. In a corporate environment, that is usually a support/admin type, not the end user. Now all devices that the support person sets up are 'his' devices. There does not appear to be a way in the UI to change the 'primary user' or UPN associated with the device."

Same with us, what is the point if the device cannot be reassigned.

• dan anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 10 devices when first enrolling assign admin priv and ownership to the first user logging in. In a corporate environment, that is usually a support/admin type, not the end user. Now all devices that the support person sets up are 'his' devices. There does not appear to be a way in the UI to change the 'primary user' or UPN associated with the device.

• Richard Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've just hit this problem as well. This really needs to be at the top of the intune priority list.
    Any update ?

• Ian Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Frustrating to have to totally reenrol a device when it changes ownership.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base