Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Locate or find a lost Android device

We should be able to locate a lost or stolen Android device.

812 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Damien shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Claude Edney IT engineer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a feature on the azure portal where we can identify and find lost android devices. If we could get a set up where we can identify the device by serial number and/or MAC address. A static unique identifying address, that can be GPS tracked and locations pinned to exact end points where the device is positioned. We do not need an outside app to coordinate this; due to compliance and security reasons that involve privacy restrictions. Also there needs to be an integration with Google's "find my phone" when tracking devices in the portal, so both methods can be used to locate the device. I also second the notion of using GPS tracking in the "company portal" app as well. That way if a user loses a device, then can reference another device (similar to MFA requiring two devices for authentication) that has the company portal app installed to locate the other device by going into the company portal app and having the ability to view a timeline that tracked the device movements in the past 24 hours. I attached a screen shot of a timeline map I was referring to as far as set up. The visual is just an idea for a GUI that could be implemented in both the intune portal and the company portal app.

• Jim Blau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suspect the reason that this feature doesn't exist yet is because Intune does not include GPS tracking in the "Comp(any) Portal" app, on any OS. (In iOS, Intune uses iOS's built-in "Find My..." functionality instead.) Other MDMs do include GPS location tracking in their portal apps, which then allows devices of any OS to be tracked. It would be great if Intune would start doing this as well.

• Marty James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have thought this would be one of the core requirements / offerings for an MDM managing corporate devices. PLEASE add this in Microsoft :)

• Martin Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently using AirWatch. Decided to pilot some devices on Intune last week. $1,500 phone lost this week. No device location tracking. No move from Airwatch contemplated until Microsoft adds this most basic of features.

• Mathew Harding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add device location tracking for Android and windows devices its pretty pointless using intune as a MDM with out this. Nearly every other MDM platform has this functionality so its baffling how Microsoft has left this out.

• Vu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Find my devices feature to Intune for Windows 10. This would be helpful for corporate to manage their device.

• Penny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to locate our devices, and will have be forced to deploy GPS-capable devices over Surface Pro 6 if it is not solved. To have it available for consumers but not enterprise is utterly ridiculous and shows that Microsoft is not yet ready to partner with enterprise in the EUC device market

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft please reply to this as to why this feature doesn't exist. It is very HARD to sell this solution WITHOUT something so basic!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the technical limitation? I now have to pay for an additional MDM to get the features that should already be part of an MDM...

• Guy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Number of customers where we need device location to tie into workforce planning for field staff. Why up sell the workforce features of M365 F1 when we can find where a mobile workforce user is if they use an Android device.

• Troy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can confirm this is a major issue also. We are an MSP and tracking is the number one requested feature and we find ourselves unable to sell this product without this missing functionality.

We've waited patiently for two years for Intune to mature and it's just not there yet. Every other MDM provider provides this basic tracking functionality.

Additionally, with tracking on IOS devices, tracking data does not get sent until you set the device as lost. With all other MDM's we are able to track the devices last location at any stage.

• Kenneth Work Sundby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are being forced to have another MDM provider due to this missing feature.
    Basically, we will have to learn, maintain and support two different solutions.
    Intune for "most users" and another for the users that require this feature on Android devices...

Please add this feature :)

(or at the very least; respond)

• Kenneth Work Sundby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are being forced to have another MDM provider due to this missing feature.
    Basically, we will have to learn, maintain and support two different solutions.
    Intune for "most users" and another for the users that require this feature on Android devices...

Please add this feature :)

(or at the very least; respond)

• Laura V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@CathyMoya Please can we at least have some feedback on this issue? I cannot see any MS responses to this thread that has been outstanding since 2017! Come on Microsoft, talk to your User community please

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're changing from AirWatch to Intune for Android phone MDM. I was unpleasantly surprised to discover this feature is missing from Intune for Android (we've been using it already for Intune and iOS).

• Bill Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MobileIron supports this for both iOS and Android, whereas InTune only supports on Supervised iOS. Please bring the feature up to parity with MobileIron as it is clearly not a device restriction.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base