Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Unable to share Photos from Google Photos app to outlook, even though in Intune i have specified "Apps in work profile can handle sharing re

Unable to share Photos from Google Photos app to outlook, even though in Intune i have specified "Apps in work profile can handle sharing request from personal profile" seems to be limited to Google photos app only with Android for Work

I just get IO error, Intune support are also getting this issue.

Thanks

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
James Sirdifield shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
noted  ·  AdminCathy Moya (Program Manager, Microsoft Intune) responded  · 

Sorry to hear you’re having a problem with the sharing, James. Support is definitely the right route to work through the issue. There are a few typical outcomes from a support call like this –
1) we find out it’s a configuration issue and we help you fix the configuration
2) we find out it’s a problem with the service and we fix the service either with an Ops procedure or a code change
3) it’s something that is working as deigned even if it’s not a good design.

If it’s working as designed, the Support Engineers often send people here to say “this design isn’t good, please change it” and then we can prioritize it with all the other requests, from UserVoice and other customer channels. I’m not sure if you’re saying you want the photo sharing to work with regular Android phones and not just Android for Work. There are a lot of things we can’t do for regular Android phones because they don’t build the manageability features into those.

I’m not sure where you are in your support call. If the case was closed as “by design”, please give me the support case number so I can include that information on our side. If you’re still working through it with the engineer, I hope you can get to the bottom of the issue quickly. I know how frustrating it can be when it should be doing X and it’s doing Y!
Regards,
Cathy

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James Sirdifield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cathy

Microsoft support are also able to replicate the issue and I was advised it is an issue with the google photos app / Android for work and was advised to log this here rather than it being a working as designed issue.

The sharing function from google photos to outlook on a Android phone with MAM polices only works ok, its only not working with a Android phone that is enrolled as AFW

Please let me know if you need anything else ?

Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base