Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Configure Anyconnect application on Android devices without enabling external control

Allow the ability to configure the Anyconnect application on Android devices without having to enable external controls. When I opened a premier support case with Microsoft they said it was a limitation with the Cisco Anyconnect application and open a ticket with Cisco. That would be fine, but I am an Airwatch customer evaluating Intune and this feature works perfectly fine using Airwatch. I can configure the Anyconnect application using a profile without having to enable external controls. So, I know this can be done. Please work with Cisco so you can configure the Android Anyconnect app when you are the device manager without having to do extra steps.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James Read shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Read commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is not configured already. This feature is available with other MDMs like Airwatch and Mobile Iron. Why can't Microsoft configure Intune to configure Anyconnect without having to turn off external controls.

I talked to the Cisco anyconnect PM and this was their response:

This is not an AnyConnect limitation. This is an implementation decision from InTune. If this was a Cisco limitation, you obviously wouldn’t be able to do this with your existing product. FWIW, I discussed this exact problem w/ the InTune PM a few weeks ago. Suggest you escalate your concerns directly to Microsoft.

• Michael Connelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a badly needed feature. iOS Anyconnect configuration works fine for android devices we need to have our users enable a feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base