Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Apple TV Support

I would like to see support for managing Apple TV devices.

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jamie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In SCCM / Intune Hybrid i can configure an "inactive" DEP profile and get an Apple TV through the configuration. After we migrated to Intune only, they stuck in DEP enrollment with "cant load configuration profile". I have to enroll that devices!

• M Finney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

H! Our interest in managing Apple TV devices is strictly in the kiosk role. To that end, what advice or thoughts can you offer?

• Zaid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. We would like to manage our devices to push software updates and lock them down.

• Fredrik Rudin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cathy, this is wery much used in schools for managing their ATVs. They want to push apps and restrict apps. Also to reset the devices after the students chanqe codes etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We may be moving from Mobile Iron to Intune and we also require management of Apple TV devices. Push config/profiles, updates, wireless profiles, and remote wipe for theft mitigation. Mostly for conference rooms.

• T.J. Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? Right now I have 2 MDMs and would love to have just 1 - but without the ability to manage tvOS I will be sticking with JAMF.

wi-fi profiles, app deployment, general management (updates, etc.)... this should already be in intune.

• Lisa Mares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company has a use case where we need to be able to push certificates for Wi-Fi profiles to our Apple TV OS devices.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this as well, not for conference rooms, but for kiosks. We have a mobile app deployed through Intune, which has a backup service running that backups data to the TvOS whenever the user is in range, then users of the application can pull files from the TvOS down to their iPad. We really need a way to push the application to BYOD enrolled TvOS devices because we have locations all over the world.

• ddedios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable enrolment of Apple TV. To be able to push wifi profiles. manage updates and reboot.

Is there a timeline for adding tvOS support in Intune? I an AppleTV enrolled through DEP, it shows up on my Intune dashboard, I have a profile assigned to it but when I turn on the AppleTV it gives me an "Invalid Profile" message and cannot be configured.

• Thomas Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great to have! I'm currently using Apple's Profile Manager on a dedicated Mac just for this, while actually Macs, PCs, phones and tablets are all managed via Intune.

There really aren't a lot of configuration options with the Apple TVs--really, a small subset of functionality when compared to iOS or macOS.

We use them in a slightly different environment (not just as "conference room displays"), but being able to manage all our equipment through a single interface (Intune) would be very nice indeed.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also be interested in using Intune to manage DEP enrolled tvOS devices (push certificates and Wi-Fi profiles, change device name to match conference room, software management).

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure! So far primarily for conference rooms. Just looking for the basics really.

Since they support DEP, it would be nice to have them enrolled so I could deploy without touching them.

Having configuration profiles just like iPhone/iPad would be nice. So I could configure WiFi profiles, conference mode settings, configure airplay, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base