Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Add already joined devices to autopilot for reimaging

It would be nice to be able to add already joined devices into Autopilot program (like a writeback or sync) for re imaging purposes. This would make re-purposing hardware simple and easy for users and admins alike.

I cannot gather the hardware ids through AzureAD (cloud only) with no WMI capabilities and limited AAD attributes being available.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Azim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of the release the week of Oct 1, 2018, you can apply Autopilot profiles to enrolled Win 10 devices that have not already been registered for Autopilot. In the Autopilot profile, choose the Convert all targeted devices to Autopilot option to automatically register non-Autopilot devices with the Autopilot deployment service. Allow 48 hours for the registration to be processed. When the device is unenrolled and reset, Autopilot will provision it.

Does that get you what you want? If not, what’s missing?

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Cathy Moya - This sounds like a great implementation. Can you point me to any information on how to configure it? I've been digging through Intune policies for some time now and I haven't found anything that looks like what you've described yet. I'll be happy to try it out once I can find it.

• Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agreed. What is even more frustrating is that we deployed a script through Intune to at least capture the autopilot info into a CSV so it could be emailed to Admins for AutoPilot enrollment. It turns out that devices already in Azure AD and enrolled in Intune cannot be added to AutoPilot, they have to be removed first and then can be added to AutoPilot.

Feedback and Knowledge Base