Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Export and import custom MDM policies in the Azure Intune portal

I have not seen the ability to export and import custom policies - both compliance and configuration policies - in the Azure Intune portal.

We have many customers where we set up our standard policies, and we have to do this manually for all customers.

The export function in the portal today just creates a csv of the view in the console, it does not export the actual policies - as far as I can see.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thomas Gudmundsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Olu Olateju commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not visible as you have to run each script for each category of policy ...pretty frustrating

• AdminCathy Moya (UserVoice admin for Intune, Microsoft Intune) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not so much a question of "preference", more a question of expediency. Graph will work now. We build our entire UI on Graph, so if you can do it in in the UI, you can do it in Graph.
        https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/intune-graph-apis

At some point we'll have a native PowerShell implementation (it's our #1 request right now) and that will be even easier to export and import, even with minimal PowerShell skills.

We can still keep a request around for a button, but it would have to be something that got lots and lots of votes to get attention when there are already other ways to do it.

• Thomas Gudmundsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great - I was not aware of the Graph API option. Will test that ASAP. An actual button does sound nice, is that on the roadmap - or do you prefer us to go the API route?

Feedback and Knowledge Base