Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Perform actions on groups of devices instead of 1 by 1

Typically I want to perform an action on a group of devices. If I push a profile or app, I usually want to sync a group of devices to update with those settings. Similarly, if I am renaming devices, I want to rename a range of devices (usually with some incrementing value involved). This might be a cart of laptops, or a group of users in the room together. Intune is intended to managed hundreds or thousands of devices, and yet so many actions can only be performed on a one-by-one basis.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Damon Warren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joey Hoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The bulk renaming with variables would be a start, but bulk wipe, sync, restart, etc. are basic functions that an MDM should have (and other MDMs do have).

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! This is a huge issue. My business wants to know that apps are getting installed and force them to install as quickly as possible. We have over 2400 devices that we deploy to and it takes days to confirm they have received an app unless I go one by one and ask them to sync.

• John Draney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good Idea. I always get annoyed about not being able to sync devices in bulk

• Jon Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this request with earnest, I am managing around 1000 devices right now and I cannot force an policy update in bulk and this irritates me to no end. XenMobile can do it with a quickness. All you need to do is add a force update of profile or policy option next to the save option in the first blade, this would allow us to force an update to any device assigned to it immediately. Why cant this be done?

Feedback and Knowledge Base