Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Microsoft Managed Home Screen providing ability to provide different themes or wallpaper for Android devices within Intune

I would like the Microsoft Managed Home Screen (Google Play App) to provide the ability to manage themes and/or background wallpaper for our corporate Android devices within Intune.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Darren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Thom McKiernan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just seen this is apparently coming November 2018 (they've got 3 days left!)

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/IntuneDocs/blob/master/intune/early-edition-nda.md#set-custom-background-in-managed-home-screen-app--

Set custom background in Managed Home Screen app
        We'll be adding a setting that lets you customize the background appearance of the Managed Home Screen app on Android Enterprise, multi-app, kiosk mode devices. To configure the Custom URL background, go to Intune in the Azure portal > Device configuration. Select a current device configuration profile or create a new one to edit its kiosk settings.

• Thom McKiernan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really useful so we could brand our Android Enterprise tablets that run in Kiosk mode.

I have found that I can change the wallpaper if I remove the Managed Home Screen app and then after redeploying the app it sticks. However, ideally, we would be able to push an image or specify a URL to a hosted image

• RaviRaja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would need the ability to Customise Managed Home Screen App like Wallpaper on Android Kiosk Devices

Feedback and Knowledge Base