Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Priority based Application deployment

Hi, It will be good if Intune provide feature of application deployment according to priority because some applications needs some prerequisite application to be deployed first.

257 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Abhishek Kumar Sinha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Klaus Salger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding an installation order ID as a packages and or assignment property and honoring it at install time if more than one component is to be deployed at the same time should not be too complicated.
    That could be used for simple assignments as well as for same-level dependencies.

• David Kiriczenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to set the cost/deployment priority would be of great benefit. Currently Intune randomly decides the application order which it deploys to end user devices. From a security perspective it would be great if we could prioritize apps such as Antivirus Agents and core line of Business Apps.

• Vincent De Guille-Jacques commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needed feature for Intune. For example, we could set up a High priority to make sure base Office 365 is installed first (and a couple of other must-have apps), then set up a Medium priority so that it installs adds-on for Office 365 (and other apps and adds-on). Otherwise, these adds-on will fail their install and it'll take time before it installs properly and this will generate confused or angry users.

• Pratik Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature will help to install Company Portal or Mobile Threat Defence solution first to get device compliant before start installing other apps which is not required urgently ! Also, help to improve user experience when multiple apps are pushed with required deployments.

• Anders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this?
    We really need the task sequence to give the possibility to install prereqs before apps.
    Without this its not possible to go cloud-only with Intune.

• Anders Eide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gave this my 3 votes! It's absolutely a requirement to avoid management overhead when deploying applications

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys

This is a must have. We typically force installation of all MS Office Apps on device enrollment which are rather large in size.

Ideally we'd want to prioritize the installation of Outlook App which is the one users need more intermediately then the rest of the Apps can keep installing in the background.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you could let us know how the tool prioritises the applications for deployment for now it would be a great help...does it deploy them based on when they were added to Intune? their size? the file name? If I knew that I could work around for now. I am pushing some applications but I am also pushing out a Defender signature updates command which I want to happen as soon as possible after a AAD join.

• Matthew Gailer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea and would expand on it by suggesting the ability to link dependent applications.

Feedback and Knowledge Base