Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Add PowerShell support to manage the service

It would be nice if PowerShell was supported to manage the service.

696 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ReinoutReinout shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we move away from the Silverlight console and into the Azure Portal, we can now provide you with a Graph API for Intune, similar to the APIs you may be using with other Azure services. The Intune Graph API enables access to Intune information programmatically for your tenant, and the API performs the same Intune operations as those available through the Azure Portal.

For more information, see https://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/beta/intune_graph_overview

Here’s an example of using PowerShell to call Graph API for Azure Active Directory.
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/paulomarques/2016/03/21/working-with-azure-active-directory-graph-api-from-powershell/

If automation was your main priority and you don’t care if it’s PowerShell or not,  I encourage you to move your votes away from this and onto other items. I’ve created a new Graph category so you can tell us what other things you’d like to see regarding Graph automation.

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shane WrightShane Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cathy - currently it is not possible to do automation with the GraphAPI because non-interactive connectivity is not supported. I created an entry under Graph for this.

• Kasper NielsenKasper Nielsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this i am supporting a big global company and its coming quite the pain to service 3000 devices through the really slow Intune portal.

Adding - changing - Removing devices. all takes painful long.

• Sean KearneySean Kearney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's actually pretty silly that the Service is the cousin to Configuration Manager, all Microsoft apps as of CEC2009 are supposed to have Cmdlets and in 2016 Intune still doesn't. REALLY would love to see this live.

• TuukkaTuukka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this really game changing feature to be implemented. It'd really make our life easier. Especially uploading and managing software packages.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to PS cmdlets and especially supporting uploading new software and deploying to groups.

• Andre HagmannAndre Hagmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide a easy way to create scriptlet tasks and assign to computer groups, incl status reporting --> vbs, powershell

Feedback and Knowledge Base