Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Support for Chromebook/Chrome O/S devices

Support for Chromebook/Chrome O/S devices so they can be managed in BYOD scenarios, i.e. setup for Wireless, mail profile, security etc...

445 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew Fleming shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ian Rowley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to align our use of Chromebooks with our management tools - couple of large projects coming up where Chromebooks have been touted due to the lower cost of hardware - approx. 500 devices - would be great to be able to "manage" these within InTune the same way we manage corporate Android devices

• Alexandre Cop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that this is a political move rather than a technical one, but the growth of ChromeOS cannot be ignored, nor the fact that it can be used for things a Windows tablet cannot do. And that's not going to stop people from needing to use Windows apps either.

• L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guy told me that Google prevents Microsoft from getting access to ChromeOS (As MDM) - can anyone confirm?

• Bill Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today I was able to install Intune on my Pixelbook, but when I ran Skype for Business it kept crashing. Still some work to do Microsoft please!

• Jakob Ventzel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Microsoft
        Go safeguard our users everyone are required to use Microsoft Azure MFA when signing in, but on Android devices this requires users to install the Company Portal app first as it's not built in like with Outlook on iOS. With the annoncement of Office for Chromebooks in https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2017/11/30/new-in-november-save-time-stay-secure-and-do-more/ do you have guidance for when we can expect MFA users to become able to use Chromebooks?

• Hamish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chromebooks have a strong use case in education and should be usable within an Office 365 environment.

I worry that this is a competition thing, but hope that MS will respect and support it's customers need/right to use a variety of platforms.

• Simon Hardy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Becoming more important - having several conversations with customers around use cases for Chrome OS. Competitors now using their capability in this space to position against EMS.

• Cliff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially now that you can run Android apps on Chrome OS. I can't use the Android Outlook app because Chrome OS isn't supported.

• Doug Livezey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chromebooks are becoming ubiquitous, being able to have complete cross-platform compatibility seems to be the direction for InTune, so this would help with that goal.

Feedback and Knowledge Base