Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Prevent apps to be uninstalled

Some mobile apps could be required by the company as mandatory on the device (antivirus for instance). Having a feature that could prevent user to uninstall some application could help on a better user support.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jean-Baptiste Frossard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of the week of April 23, 2018, If an end user uninstalls a required app, Intune automatically reinstalls the app within 24 hours rather than waiting for the 7 day re-evaluation cycle. It’s not exactly preventing the uninstall, but is it close enough that we can call it complete?

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Manfred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intune > Device configuration - Profiles > Create profile > Profile type: Device restrictions > General > Block app removal (supervised only)

• Travis Rauh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I realize that this is old, but, Cathy, I would say actual prevention would be ideal if that's even technologically possible. The problem is that a lot of these apps in question require the user to sign-in.. and most end-users do not know their credentials or care to make sure they're signed-in.

• Victor Johansson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Microsoft could to this if they tap in to the parental function of IOS device. Should be similar function for Android

Or maybe thar can be custom profilce that can to the thing bellow

Launch the Settings app on the iPhone or iPad you'd like to enable restrictions on.

Tap on General. Tap on Restrictions.

Tap on Enable Restrictions if they aren't already.

If they are, skip to step 6.

Choose a password that only you will know.

Toggle Off the options for Installing Apps and Deleting Apps under the Allow section.

• jmarcum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In what OS? All that I can think of limit this from the OS/Vendor perspective.

Feedback and Knowledge Base