Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Force device check-in

I feel like I'm unable to manage the devices properly when I can't force a device check-in. For instance, if I change a configuration I can't force the users device to check-in and tell him "Try now", instead I have to wait for the standard cycle to trigger the device and my response has to be "wait till tomorrow and see if it works, if not - tell me" and I have to do the same over again.

I would also like to have a policy to change the default cycle like most MDM's have.

495 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now if we encounter a synch issue, it does not always clea up in the console at the next few sync. periods, we have to have the device user manually force a re-sync from the device company portal so clear it. It would be nice to have the ability to force a manual, adhoc re-sync from the console (Azure or original Intune) to help clear those sync issues without involving the user.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. Please implement this feature. Being able to control, update how often clients sync is a must.

• RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for us as well, as stated in the original statement giving users the "wait until it appears" scenario is not good from support point of view, surely this cannot be that hard to implement give you have so much control over the devices and software.

Any plan to get tackle this soon? It is really important to manage devices effectively.

• Sheena ReddySheena Reddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this going to be implemented? It is important - I hate having to tell the user could you wait a few hours - or check back next day.

Please do this

• Jan SchoulsJan Schouls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From what I understood from Microsoft, you can enforce a device to check in, by sending a remote lock to the devices, or to several devices simultaniously. As soon as they unock, the locked device checks in again. Not tested this properly.

@Cathy
        That's not what I meant.
        What I propose is to force policy as an ADMINISTRATOR to one or more devices from the COMPANY PORTAL ADMIN CONSOLE.
        You are referring to do a policy refresh as an USER from the SELF SERVICE portal from or manually on the device.

I'm running into a situation where I know my device is not compliant, but it is still letting me check email. Fail.

Forcing a policy from the Intune Company Portal.

Currently its only possible to force policy to Windows Computers. It would be great if this functionality also became available for Android an iOS devices. Technically it can be done, since it's available in othe MDM solutions.

• Karim El-MelhaouiKarim El-Melhaoui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news? I see this has been implemented in Intune with ConfigMgr. It would be really useful if you update the status in Uservoice so customers and partners know what's coming in advance. As a partner we need to ensure our customers that missing functionality will come.

• Omar El LeissyOmar El Leissy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know with the lates Configuration Manager update , it's possible to force a device sync. I think it should be available for Intune stand-alone also.

Very important feature.

• April WikeApril Wike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All other MDM products we have used/tested have this feature. This is a basic MDM requirement especially with non-user affinity devices. I was a little shocked that it was missing from this product.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have especially for devices that don't have user affinity and are not using the portal. There is no current way to force a policy update...coming from MI this is a real pain point...

Thanks.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base