Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Deploy email profile to Outlook for iOS/Android

Instead of deploying a policy to configure the native email client, we need to be able to configure the (awesome) Outlook app

2,034 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tim Nilimaa-Svärd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that is now possible to deploy account setup configuration details for Outlook for iOS and Android through app configuration policies. For more information, see https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2018/01/30/now-your-enterprise-mobility-management-solution-can-be-used-to-simply-set-up-and-configure-outlook-for-ios-and-android-for-exchange-on-premises/

We have additional refinements planned, for example, the "Ability to choose/configure Email client (i.e. Outlook) within mail policy” is planned for a future release. https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/8388312-ability-to-choose-configure-email-client-i-e-out

There are a lot of moving parts and there were a lot of prioritization sessions across multiple teams, but your consistent feedback helped keep it high on our radar, and is still spurring us to deliver more in this area.

We appreciate your feedback! Now that you have your votes back, we encourage you to vote for the next things you want to see.

131 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great news, is this fully supported ? Have followed the steps in the TechNet blog and the settings are not applying, shows pending (for over a day now). Can we open a support request ?

• Erjen Rijnders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great!
        I think this change is what people were actually asking for, configuring active sync with Intune within The Outlook app. We can manage signatures on organization level, contacts would still be nice indeed.

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The description was relatively vague, agreed, but don't really think this completion is relative to what the majority of people were asking for, which was the ability to configure the application, features such as setting a signature or enabling Sync contacts by default, can't see anything that allows manipulation of any of the settings within the app? Have I missed something ?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should have been there from the start! There is a big gap in what can be achieved in MAM and Security with the Outlook App on iOS and Android vs the Native Email clients.

Could really do with this being implemented like yesterday...

• Pablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish to Echo Ash Armitt's comments about supporting appconfig.org It's always a delight for the managed app config to be auto populated when creating an app policy, rather than having to try and find documentation to find out how it's done

• Ash Armitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Appconfig.org is a MUST for any serious enterprise deployment, Microsoft please support managed iOS and managed Android configuration at a minimum please! And allow existing EMM providers to fully manage Microsoft Apps we love to use....which increases deployment time!

• Bryan Allebone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe that in addition to the UPN, depth of sync, and similar....it would be super beneficial for a key/value pair to enable a PIN login to Outlook itself. For instance, Mattermost does this: https://docs.mattermost.com/mobile/mobile-appconfig.html

For government users this combined with cert auth meets new 2FA requirements. The initial login is not enough alone anymore.

• Ivan B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to enable the "Save Contacts" through policy would be great. You can currently deploy app configuration policies according to this article by only for what contact information can be sync'ed. This does not enable the "Save Contacts" option when iOS App Configuration policy is deployed. "Manage Outlook for iOS app configuration with Microsoft Intune" is explained here:
        https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt813789(v=exchg.150).aspx

• Andrew Fleming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This funtionality is in place, you deploy the Outlook App via the Company Portal and then the user only needs to enter their Password, as the Authentication passes through from Compnay Portal (or so I have found), Personally I think SOmeone from Microsoft needs to come on and confirm this, As I am only a customer that has deployed Intune to over 10000 devices.

• Ronald Stuiver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft wants customers to use Intune, please get the application configuration policies for the most frequently used Microsoft apps in place. Intune will be considered as a serious MDM product after this

• David Berier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no progress on this? What is holding you back? I want to start several POCs in 2018 with Intune and try to convince large customers (50000 and more seats) that Intune is worth to consider as a MDM/MAM.

Come on guys - focus on this. Give it some kind of priority. You can do it.....

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base