Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Deploy email profile to Outlook for iOS/Android

Instead of deploying a policy to configure the native email client, we need to be able to configure the (awesome) Outlook app

1,250 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tim Nilimaa-SvärdTim Nilimaa-Svärd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TaveTave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea when this is going to be implemented? I would really find this useful in our upcoming roll out of Intune.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should an Azure AD Joined Intune Enrolled Win 10 MDM device automatically fill the credentials of the logged in to Outlook 2016 assuming modern auth and autodiscover records are correctly configured? Because this is the behavior I would expect but I am not seeing that happen. This would get around the issue for me. What is the expected behavior here?

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to deploy\configure Outlook 2016 (Desktop Application) profiles to Windows 10 not just the Windows 10 Native mail app as is currently available.

• Bill StermerBill Stermer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this request? We really would like to deploy the Outlook app as our email solution for Android/iOS platforms via AirWatch MDM AppConfig support instead of using the native email client but we need to be able to configure the app for the user via MDM. Looking back through the posts it appears that this has been open for almost two years??

• Robert MackiewiczRobert Mackiewicz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add an important data leakage control in the Outlook app for IOS/Android that's along the same lines. I'd like to see the ability with Intune Application Protection without MDM enrollment to prevent the addition of Outlook profiles other than the O365 tenant email. Or the Outlook app can distinguish between a work data versus personal data and protect the work data from sending out a personal email profile in the Outlook app.

• PaddyPaddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a requirement for this with us too. This will be welcome feature to convince VIP's who would not want to go through steps in configuring email.

• NigelNigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a solution to this - I really need to get thsio workign so I can move from Airwatch MDM as my management tool to Office 365 / InTune.

• Rob HardmanRob Hardman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, all MS Office apps for iOS need to support Mobile App Configuration key-pairs. Please expedite.

• Ron CobbsRon Cobbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echo that this needs to be available for all MDM solutions and not limited to Intune...

• Dave MeikeDave Meike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this function for a real MDM system and not for Intune. It would also fantastic to have a skype for business profile. Thanks

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base