Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

Deploy email profile to Outlook for iOS/Android

Instead of deploying a policy to configure the native email client, we need to be able to configure the (awesome) Outlook app

2,034 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tim Nilimaa-Svärd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that is now possible to deploy account setup configuration details for Outlook for iOS and Android through app configuration policies. For more information, see https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2018/01/30/now-your-enterprise-mobility-management-solution-can-be-used-to-simply-set-up-and-configure-outlook-for-ios-and-android-for-exchange-on-premises/

We have additional refinements planned, for example, the "Ability to choose/configure Email client (i.e. Outlook) within mail policy” is planned for a future release. https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/8388312-ability-to-choose-configure-email-client-i-e-out

There are a lot of moving parts and there were a lot of prioritization sessions across multiple teams, but your consistent feedback helped keep it high on our radar, and is still spurring us to deliver more in this area.

We appreciate your feedback! Now that you have your votes back, we encourage you to vote for the next things you want to see.

134 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kellan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again......"Planned" for over a year. September 21st, 2015.

I'm not sure how the Intune development cycle works but I would be fired if I had something "Planned" and didn't follow through in over a year.

Fix your issues. I'm starting to wonder what the developers even do for Intune since nothing ever seems to get fixed and they just want to roll out new features without fixing the already broken parts.

I'm starting to regret moving to Intune. At least Blackberry fixes their bugs.

• Adam Fowler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to go through a 20 day process to get my account 'fixed' from the Outlook for iOS/Android team before I could log in - unless you can sort these problems out quicker, it means I can never roll out this app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of this functionality basically forces us to use the native email client instead of using outlook native app. We don't want to have the user to manually add their email account to outlook app.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty unbelievable that were still talking about this a year later as a nice to have and no clue when to expect it. It wasn't obvious this was going to be needed before the App was even released to the public? Can you imagine if the Outlook/Office team released Outlook for Windows without this feature? Ridiculous thought, right?

smh Microsoft...

• Dieter Rauscher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're currently in a PoC with a Customer for 1000+ iOS devices with Management via Intune as an alternative solution for Citrix XenMobile. Looks like the lack of this functionality is a deployment blocker :(

• Tim Nilimaa-Svärd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll make sure that this gets created in that site as well. Thanks for the great feedback Cathy.
        And thanks to all voters and contributes on this idea!

Hi !

1) We have purchased EMS-Licenses
        2a) We have know bought 2000 Licenses
        2b) We have deployed about 1500
        2c) The 1500 devices that are enrolled are Company owned devices and we are not enable to implement BYOD because of that we don´t have an easy setup for users with Android devices that don´t have Samsung Knox.
        If the Outlook app was the standard Emailclient for all mobile devices, even Windows 10 Phone and Intune managed windows 10 PC and most important all the Android devices that don´t have Knox support we could have BYOD and have 11000 potential users.

It would be great if all operating systems used Company portal App to enroll the device and the Outlook App for mail. Important that we can deploy email configuration OTA to the Outlook App.

• AdminCathy Moya (UserVoice admin for Intune, Microsoft Intune) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They had to reschedule. So - if you haven't given us feedback yet, there's still time. Some of you probably work at big companies so you can relate to there being a lot of "hurry up and wait". Even after the meeting happens, I may not have any clear status I can report back right away. Some changes take a while to make, and can take even longer when there are other groups involved. I promise that your support has been noticed and we *really* appreciate all the feedback! And I promise to post updates when I can.

• Jacob Mortensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) Yes
        2a) 3.000
        2b) around 20
        2c) We do not want the additional burden on our Help desk staff for users accidentally messing up the configuration.

• George Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Reply to Cathys email (sorry if this is to late)
        1) Yes, licensed customer
        2a) 200
        2b) less than 10
        2c) MAM is the main feature that we would like to use. Not being able to deploy profiles automatically limits the effectiveness of MAM for outlook. The profiles would primarily be connecting to an On-premise exchange 2013 environment.

1) Yes, we are a licensed EMS customer
        2) a) 6500 licenses
        2) b) deployed to 5 Pilot users
        2) c) documentation/instructions for users to make sure they select the right account type. adds increased help desk burden.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In reply to Cathy Moyas mail:

1) Have you already purchased licenses: YES

2) If you have purchased licenses,
        a) 60000 EMS licenses
        b) 0 Intune deployments
        c) Being able to use the MAM functionality across the Office suite and the MS apps (including Yammer, Word, Excel, PP, Outlook, OneDrive and others) is critical for us. We need to be able to target a mail profile at Outlook to use it successfully and full utilise all the components within the EMS sutie.

Outlook is currently too immature to deploy within an enterprise (which includes the massive ActiveSync proxy security hole currently!) and the lack of this functionality highlights how little attention has so far been paid to these much needed features/functionality.

Feedback and Knowledge Base