Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Company portal app customization

Allow us to customise the Company Portal App , I would like to change the app name to Intune Company Portal, change some of the fields names, "contact IT" we don't use the term IT anymore also present the end user our terms and conditions during the enrolment.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do have the end user terms now in Intune standalone. We’re working on getting it in hybrid, too. I’ll pass the rest along to the client team. The tricky thing with changing the name of the app is it’s built into the app manifest and requires recompiling the entire app. :-(

2. Integrate access to portal in Office 365 Apps menu.

When you click in the Office 365 menu box (Top Left) it would be great to have the Intune Company portal as an option.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need clarification :-)

First: Are you saying when you click the “waffle” icon in the upper left corner of an O365 app like Mail, Calendar, etc that you would want to see Company Portal listed along with all the other apps? (and yes, we really call it the waffle here.)

Second:
    We have some Intune features built into O365, without you even needing to buy Intune. Let’s call this “Intune Lite” even though we don’t really call it that.
    We also have a “better together” story with )365 and an Intune subscription. Let’s call that “Intune Full”.
    Intune Lite can’t deploy apps – you need Intune Full for that.
    Since the Company Portal is primarily for distributing company apps, would you want it listed if you have only Intune Lite? Or would you want it only if you have Intune Full?

Please keep the comments coming!

3. Simpliy enrollment process - provide better user experience

It would be great if we can reduce the steps necessary for enrollment in Intune somehow. Having all this user interaction is not good. Instead of having to confirm various user dialogs it would be great if a user can trigger the enrollment process - e.g. by specifying username and password - and the devices enrolls without a need for the user to confirm anything else.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enrollment is a process that varies widely among platforms and enrollment methods. This suggestion is pretty vague, so I doubt we’d ever be able to call it “complete” – I’d encourage you to spin up more specific feedback on particular elements and move your votes to those. However, I did want to let you know that with the updates we’re releasing the week of Nov 6, we now have:

New enrollment status page for Windows 10 enrollments
    You can now configure a greeting that appears when your users enroll Windows 10 devices. Use the Enrollment Status Screen to configure a custom message and a hyperlink to be displayed to your end users when they enroll their Windows 10 devices. The Enrollment Status Screen will also give end users a view into the progress of policy settings that are being applied to their device.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/whats-new

Hopefully you can make the experience…

4. Change font in Outlook for iOS and Android

Required in order to change to our house styles.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Joe, before Intune could manage something like this, Outlook would have to permit an MDM system to manage fonts. I checked, and they don’t. If you go to https://outlook.uservoice.com/, you can submit a suggestion to that team to make it something that could be set via policy, and then if they do that, Intune could set it, either in the UI or using an OMA-URI. Most Outlook-related requests would need work on both sides.

If you file that, come back here and past the Outlook request URL, so anyone who wants to vote this one up would know to go vote that one up, too.

5. Microsoft Certified Trainers(MCT) should have easier access to Intune while teaching classess that demo Intune

I was asked by Intune support to post here. I am a Microsoft Certified Trainer that teaches the 20697-2 Windows 10 course. That course has a lot of Intune content. The course calls for teaching Azure, Office 365 and Intune. There is more Intune material in the course than any of the other cloud topics. As an MCT it is pretty easy to get access to Azure and Office 365, but VERY difficult to get access to Intune without having to go through support. And even after getting access, it is only for 30 days. Which means that when I…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, John, I totally hear you. I was an MCT before I came here, back in the old days of newsgroups – maybe we ran into each other in the virtual cafe. I’ve had conversations with the training group, and with the engineering group about the overall difficulty of labbing in the cloud environment. It’s not just the subscriptions, though that definitely a pain point. It’s also being able to reset to a clean environment without having to build it all from scratch every time. I don’t have anything to report, but know that I bring it up every chance I get.

6. Change how company portal indicate the current device

I can now see there is a small checkmark icon indicating the current device in the list. I missed that at first.

But usability can be improved. We have 40 DEM-enrolled devices and the horizontal list only shows one device at a time.

Please show more items in the list and either sort them so the current device is at the top or display it separately.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. No logro eliminar las tareas remotas

No logro eliminar las tareas remotas aun a pesar de que dicha tarea ya fue resuelta, y hay tareas que dan desde el 2013, 2014 y 2015 y aun así no logro que se eliminen.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Buenas noches.
    Para poder ayudarte necesito un poco mas de información. Podrías indicar el producto por el cual estás consultando por favor?
    Qué serían las “tareas remotas”? En dónde deberían estar eliminadas estas tareas?.

Muchas gracias.

(translation graciously provided by Marcela Berri, one of our wonderful MVPs)

8. Is there a way that I can get Microsoft Intune to stop automatic downloads?

I won't shut down my laptop, just sleep it for a while, usually by closing the lid. I'll leave tabs open, naturally, because I plan to go back on within the hour. The problem is, almost every time I open my laptop, I have to log in and my tabs are gone. Lo and behold, a window in the bottom right hand corner will tell me Microsoft Intune restarted my device. I am seriously tired of these useless updates, especially because Intune restarts my device practically twice a day. (How many updates do I need? Seriously!) Anyway, unless I'm sitting…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Ellie,
    I’m sorry you’re frustrated. As a user of a school-issued computer, there’s nothing you can do. Your administrator has decided that you need Intune to keep your computer updated. Your administrator has some control over which updates go out and when, but it’s important for administrators to reduce risk to the school network by keeping all computers as well-patched as possible. If not, well, think about some of the unsafe computing behavior your classmates may be doing, and imagine that infecting all the rest of the computers – yours, your instructors, your IT staff.

Believe me, I know how frustrating this is. When I introduce myself to other people at Microsoft, I usually say something like “You know that product that gives you those annoying messages and reboots your computer at the worst possible time? Yeah, that’s my product.” But in the end, it’s a “safety first” thing.

9. Open mail with pre-filled recipient

When clicking "Requesting assistance" in the Company Portal App (at iOS 10) and choosing "Mail" the mail app opens with subject "Requesting Assistance" and the comment in the body "This mail can be sent to ... <IT department mail address>", but no recipient is pre-configured ("To" is empty). Therefore, the user has to copy the mail address from the mail body to the to-line. :-( (not knowing if this is a limitation coming from iOS ...)

It would be great if you can pre-fill the to-line with the mail address directly. :-)

This would make more sense and makes live…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It used to be that way, but changed it based on feedback that people weren’t always sending it to that address. I’ll leave this as “noted” and if there was a HUGE swell of support for this, they might consider changing it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath (or votes) on it changing back.

10. Prepopulate login with .onmicrosoft.com - or at least provide a dropdown field.

I think it is a waste for users to have to type .onmicrosoft.com for each enrollment. Providing that as default, or at least a drop down would be great when enrolling thousands of users across the globe.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Tom, I’m not exactly sure when you’re wanting this to come in.

During the enrollment, you should have configured the CNAME to point to manage.microsoft.com, so users don’t have to type the server name.

Then for logon, many (most?) customers have set up “single sign on” so the users aren’t logging in with their “onmicrosoft.com” ids, they’re logging in with either their O365/Azure Active Directory ID, or their domain account and password if you have onprem Active Directory and have configured directory synchronization.

We also have “bulk enrollment” options for some platforms.

I’ll call this “noted” for now, so you can add to the thread if I’m totally missing the point. But hopefully, one of the ideas above would address the root of your concern.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base