Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto-configure OneDrive for Business via MDM/Intune

I'd like to remove the need for a user to have to enter their UPN when launching Onedrive for Business for the first time on an Intune enrolled device (similar to a mail profile, but for OneDrive for Business). Seems to be an obvious ask to keep Microsoft tools all auto configured when enrolled

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      9 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Be able to manually/schedule sync Dynamic Device Groups.

Dynamic Device Groups are syncing at 'random' times. It would be nice if manual synchronization of Dynamic Device Groups would be possible. We are using DDG's for deploying applications and policies to iPhones. Customers are experiencing that they sometimes have to wait up to 24 hours for applications to deploy because the DDG's are not synchronizing. If it would be possible to manually or schedule synchronization this would be a major help.

39 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Provide a few seats (15-25 users maybe) to MSDN subscribers

Currently, if an IT professional wants to either test Windows intune features or demo the features to potential customers, you have to sign up for a trial. Features change so often though, and (my customers anyway) often want to see what the product does and you end up signing up for multiple trials and rebuilding your lab/ PoC environment. My MSDN subscription includes $150 of Azure Credit, Intune should be there as well

23 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Azure credits work differently than trial accounts, as you’ve seen.

One thing some people don’t realize is, we have no limit to the number of trial Intune tenants you can create for a single email address. Believe me, I’ve created dozens on my Microsoft email address. We don’t care how many you create, though there is a limit that each tenant can have only one trial account. I know, it means you have to keep recreating environments, but at least it lets you see what’s new any time you want.

If you are a Microsoft Partner, we have benefits that help with this. You can check out https://wpc.microsoft.com.

• 23 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • More dynamic device attributes

There are only a few limited device attributes that can be used for dynamic device groups in Azure. Please can you add some more? A few of interest personally would be.

* Dynamic device group for DEP Enabled (non DRS joined devices) - As DEP Enrolment in Intune does not DRS register, an attribute to collect all affected devices (for reporting and remediating would be ideal)
            * Device Threat Level – an attribute to pull back all devices with a specific threat level, i.e. High, Medium, Low, None (as per screenshot showing it working in ConfigMgr)

18 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow a shared device where users can log in and log out of devices.

Have a shared device configuration where users can check in and check out of a device it will grad specific policies for the user while they are checked into the device.

For example it will allow them to download e-mail when they are checked into the device.

16 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • On the All Devices page, give me the ability to view by employees AD name.

Currently we can view by the device name but this value is setup by the user on their phone. Normally is a nick name or a shortname, like Johns iPhone. I want to view by the employees AD name so that it's easy to find someone.

16 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • User and device Dynamics groups

I can create dynamic user groups eg all users where department equals Sales

I can create dynamic device groups eg all devices where device Type equals iPad

What I would like to be able to do is create a dynamic group that matches all iPads for users that are part of the Sales group.

This allows for greater granularity scoping policies and app assignments in Intune where i may issue multiple iOS devices to the Sales team and need to manage their iPad and iPhone separately.

13 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Allow Office 365 Admins access to Device Management menu without the need to be a Global Admin

I have a number of admins and as I need them to manage mobile devices, I need to make then Global Admins.

Please provide an option to make this more granular

11 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Block Users without an Intune License

I would like conditional access to be able to block users without a valid Intune license instead of just ignoring the policies.

11 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Comment Field

Add field to add comments for any actions that admin may apply to a device.

For example:
                        "Locked device per Incident Ticket #123."
                        "Retired device per Service Request #456."

Comment field is helpful for when a user calls Help Desk to report his MDM is no longer working, agent can refer to comments field for history of actions that have been done to device.

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Intune Group Licensing Breaks domain name assignment

Issue:
                          Create a group on intune
                          assign a user that has a FQDN (not a .onmicrosoft.com address)
                          Apply EMS license to the group (may affect with other licenses)
                          It changes the users primary email alias to .onmicrosoft.com

If you have on-prem active directory syncing to Office 365, you cannot change the alias back.

The only way to fix is adding a proxy address in the custom attributes in the on-prem active directory which is a slow process for large groups of users, as you can only do 1 by 1.

Office 365 support suggested I posted this on here.

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Removing links from web app widget

It would be great to have a feature for deleting links that are deployed on web app of management portal.

The reason is I have deployed wrong links on multiple mobile phones and now I cannot remove links unless I unenroll them and enrol them .again

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • We are looking for an notification email when end users license is removed or revoked without Global admin interaction.

Hello Team,

We are looking for an notification email when end users license is removed or revoked without Global admin interaction. We need this email to be triggered to all global admins.

Thanks.

6 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Intume MDM User Lifecycle Mangement

To retire/Wipe data once a Intune MDM user leave the organization needs Global Admin or Intune Admin rights. Ideally this should be a helpdesk routine task. There is no Powershell command available to automate this task too. From a User lifecycle management this is a major drawback as we manage Airwatch and MobileIron also which has RBAC to do this

5 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Assign admin rights to devices through Groups and not just individual users.

When assigning Administrator rights to devices, it is currently not possible to add groups just individual users. Could we enable Groups?

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • MFA based on ADFS policies i.e. using user certificates

Id like to be able to use certificates as a MFA mechanism as well OTP. This would add extra functionality to SCCM hybrid scenarios where we use SCEP and NDES

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Custom Dynamic Computer Name by Assigned User

I absolutely hate the random computer naming. It would be great when a device is registered with AzureAD and Intune it would rename the device to something that makes more sense (FI LNAME for example). Sure we can look at the last logon but as others are stated, that column is not available on all of the blades. Most reports start with a computer name which is frankly useless these days without a way to customize this. I know there are scripts that can supposedly rename but build this into Intune would be great!

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Microsoft stores in India

Makes Microsoft stores in India for your customers and In Microsoft mobile phone Increase more Apps in App store.Microsoft mobile best of other mobile.

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Add the ability for a nested group in Local Admin Access in AAD

Currently there is only the option to add individual users in the following blade for local Administrator access on AAD joined devices.

https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_AAD_IAM/DevicesMenuBlade/DeviceSettings/menuId/

Can we add the option to add groups into this for easier user management of devices.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base