Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deploy printers

Give us the option to deploy printers with Intune

697 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    29 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can deploy AirPrint settings for Mac and iOS – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/air-print-settings-ios-macos

You can configure some printer settings under device restrictions for Windows 10 – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/device-restrictions-windows-10

But I’m hearing from a few people that this still doesn’t really help users get to local printers, and that seems the original intent. (@Henrik, if you’re getting this, please weigh in!)

We won’t call this one complete. I’m switching this to “noted”, meaning we know you want it. Thanks again for the feedback!

2. Remove duplicates

Every time when you rebuild (reinstall Windows and Intune client) a corporate PC witch was already managed by Intune a duplicate computer record is added to Intune database. Now we manually removing duplicates every month. Can you automate it?

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  8 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Push encrypted content to device

Hi. Like as AirWatch has Secure Content Locker, please add this same ability for an organization to push out content (new, updated) to a user's device(s) and computers. There should be additional parameters, like length of time the content will be on the device until it is automatically deleted. Additionally, the content should be encrypted, and decrypted in memory when accessed (unlike AirWatch on none iOS devices). File types include PDFs, Word documents, MP3 files, and so on.

In looking at OneDrive, I don't see this functionality, or this functionality integrated with InTune. So I am submitting this feature request.

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy files to mobile devices

Hey

Create feature to deploy files to devices.

I really need this feature on Android devices

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mobile data monitoring and reporting

Nowadays with the amount of mobile data consumed by mobile devices only seems to increase, it would be great if Intune was able to monitor and report on mobile data usage across Mobile/Wifi and Roaming zones for each mobile device Intune manages. Windows and Android have this built into their OS's and iOS has a very good third party app you can use which works great.

It would also be great if this was supported for both Intune only and SCCM hybrid environments, perhaps with a dashboard or at least some decent SSRS reporting.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to block specific dangerous / malicious applications

The ability to block specific dangerous / malicious applications for iOS and Android. (competition can do it)

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. access file server on on-premises network

Will Microsoft deploy an application like secure context locker from AirWatch to access on-premises file server and links. Then, use container concept to protect the downloaded data on the application.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export and import custom MDM policies in the Azure Intune portal

I have not seen the ability to export and import custom policies - both compliance and configuration policies - in the Azure Intune portal.

We have many customers where we set up our standard policies, and we have to do this manually for all customers.

The export function in the portal today just creates a csv of the view in the console, it does not export the actual policies - as far as I can see.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The Defense Contractor Industry needs FIPS 140-2 Enforcement on all Mobile Devices.

The Defense Contractor Industry needs FIPS 140-2 Enforcement on all Mobile Devices. IOS with Outlook Mobile and Intune is FIPS 140-2 compliant. Android is not. This will force all Defense Contractors to move to IOS devices if Intune and Outlook mobile cannot enforce FIPS 140-2 encryption at rest and in transit. All Defense Contractors must be FIPS 140-2 compliant by the end of 2017.http://www.natlawreview.com/article/cybersecurity-update-dod-releases-long-awaited-final-rule
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/azuregov/2016/09/15/how-microsoft-azure-government-enables-defense-industrial-base-companies-to-comply-with-new-dod-cyber-security-rules/

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

released the week of Nov 6 – a new device restriction settings for Windows 10
    Password – settings to enable FIPS and the use of Windows Hello devices secondary devices for authentication
    Does that get you close?

10. Collect company portal logs remotey

It would be great and very helpful to be able to collect the "Company Portal log files" remotely, i.e. e.g. being able to trigger the device from the ConfigMgr console (Intune Hybrid) to send the company portal log files. In case of troubleshooting (e.g. as part of a MS support case) is often difficult to get such log files and having to ask the end users to mail them is not a nice solution. Additionally, it would be nice if the company portal log files can be extended with more helpful information.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Intune email alert to admins on user device enrollment

Provide ability to create email alert to admins when a user enrolls a new device in Intune. This will allow admins to be notified and then make sure the device has been added to the proper Intune policies. It will also allow for security tracking on new devices that are being added to the environment for accessing Office 365.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Changing status to Noted since Heena is a PM on the team. Also, bumping her question so it will go out to supporters:

Can you please elaborate on how Admins plan to target policies to these devices? Will they do user targeting or device targeting? If user targeting, can they target these policies to the user group prior to any devices being enrolled?

12. Hardware Inventory for Mobile Devices Enrolled by Microsoft Intune and Configuration Manager

At the moment the inventory we get from our more than 900 WP8 Phones is very limited.
    See also; https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn469411.aspx

Please implement a feature that we can see the following:

Wi-Fi MAC
    Subscriber Carrier
    Phone Number (for company phones not only the last 4 digits. we need the complete number)

Phone Number2 (for DUAL SIM phones)
    International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI (IMEI)
    Free Storage Space
    Total Storage Space
    Serial Number
    Model (f.e. Lumia 925)
    Manufacturer (f.e. NOKIA)
    Current Operator Name
    Data Roaming Enabled

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The status after applying the StartLayout configuration policy by Windows10 is displayed as "Not applicable".

Currently, the content of XML set by StartLayout configuration policy (* 1) is reflected immediately in Windows10 device. However, we would inform you the inappropriate behavior that the status (* 2) after applying the policy does not become "Succeeded" instead of continues to be displayed as "Not applicable" when you check from the management screen.

* 1 Microsoft Intune> Device configuration> Profiles> Create profile> Device restrictions> Start
    * 2 Microsoft Intune> Device configuration> Profiles> Created StartLayout policy> monitor> Device status> [Deployment Status] in the item list

In addition, we confirmed that the event is reproduced as well by applying sample…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Do you think this is a bug? If so, the best thing to do is open a support case so they can check the back end.

“Break-fix” support, and big support, is included with subscriptions to Microsoft Intune so opening a support incident won’t incur additional charges. For more information about opening a support ticket, see http://aka.ms/intunesupport.

14. allow admins to add notes to inventory

We have tons of valuable devices and lots of "events" occur with these units.

Some are stolen, lost, broken, loaners, unknown... all kinds of etc.

If we could group these items and use Intune to add minor notes....

Intune would also become a valuable inventory tool.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@Jamie, thanks for the heads up, I merged the requests. I personally think this request is different than the “management name” field, because I would assume a larger field for more info. But if you and @Tony feel like it fulfills what you were asking for, I can call it complete

15. Tooltips that actually show tips.

Can tooltips be added that provide some value throughout Intune? Many of the tooltips only restate the text that one might be wanting a tip on. Ex: a tooltip for Kiosk would say "Kiosk"...or one for Web Filter says "Web Filter". Yes, theses are basic examples, but just to illustrate my point.

What might be useful would be stating what a default setting might be to help determine if something might need to be changed. Ex: When controlling the OoBE for an iOS device, in the tooltip for Location Services state if the default is On or Off and how…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve discussed this many times internally and it’s definitely not meeting our standard to just repeat the UI string. If you (or anyone) can tell us which tooltips need fixing, I will file bugs and get them fixed. But we need to know exactly which ones so I can get the bug to the right team. If you can give us either exact repro steps or better yet attach a screenshot, that will be enough to get them fixed.

16. Integrate Microsoft Intune with bing for geolocalization the device

Many clients in projects, ask for me about how to localize the device, I think that this integration between Microsoft Intune and Bing It would be a very useful thing

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Blackberry support

I want to include Blackberry to supported mobile devices in Intune.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use a group to allow or block registering a device with Intune.

I would like to have the ability to block users from registering a device or connecting to the Outlook app for mobile devices unless they are in a specific group. I can enforce compliance rules, but if they meet the compliance requirements they get in. I want to block all access unless they get final approval from management and then I can add them to the group that allows access.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, David, are you talking about standalone Intune, or hybrid with Configuration Manager? In hybrid you pick the group you want and configure that on the Intune connector, so for hybrid, we already have what you’re asking for. But not for standalone.

19. Push botton

Intune need the ability to push an update from a device.
    A botton in Intune with the same funktion as the Check compliance in the Company Potal App.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Woudl like the service to automatically select custom Terms & Conditions based on the language used on the device.

We know that we can have customized Terms & Conditions, and we know that we can assign these by user groups. What we want is to query the language used on the device and automatically select the appropriate, pre-loaded language. This would overcome any risk of the wrong language to be displayed if IT doesn't properly assign the right T's & C's based on the language used.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kevin – are you asking for this for standalone Intune, or hybrid (ConfigManager+ Intune), or both? It’s definitely something we’ve been interested in doing. Configuration Manager currently does something similar with apps, where you can have metadata in multiple languages for the same app, and the client OS picks the right one. Intune standalone doesn’t have any type of language infrastructure. So I was curious which configuration you were most concerned about.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base