Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is it possible to give a name to the device in the deplying proces, instead of heaving to deal with a given name the deployment proces gener

Is it possible to give a name to the device in the deplying proces, instead of heaving to deal with a given name the deployment proces generated. We like to give the device a meaning name. We disabled the possibility to change the device name for a standard user (not admin). In the past there was an opportunity to change a device name in intune, but this opportunity has disappeared a half year ago.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Push botton

Intune need the ability to push an update from a device.
    A botton in Intune with the same funktion as the Check compliance in the Company Potal App.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Woudl like the service to automatically select custom Terms & Conditions based on the language used on the device.

We know that we can have customized Terms & Conditions, and we know that we can assign these by user groups. What we want is to query the language used on the device and automatically select the appropriate, pre-loaded language. This would overcome any risk of the wrong language to be displayed if IT doesn't properly assign the right T's & C's based on the language used.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Kevin – are you asking for this for standalone Intune, or hybrid (ConfigManager+ Intune), or both? It’s definitely something we’ve been interested in doing. Configuration Manager currently does something similar with apps, where you can have metadata in multiple languages for the same app, and the client OS picks the right one. Intune standalone doesn’t have any type of language infrastructure. So I was curious which configuration you were most concerned about.

4. Device Passcode "Gracefull" advanced notice.

We have a wide and varying group of users in our organization. Some of these users can be challenged by device passcode changes. It would be a very professional service to provide alerting during these evcents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Force PIN onstartup with Intune company portal install.

Force PIN on startup with the Intune company portal install for all phones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of the March 26 updates, after a compliance or configuration policy is applied to an iOS device, users are prompted to set a PIN every 15 minutes. Users are continually prompted until a PIN is set. So, not forcing exactly, but nagging, a lot – is that close?

6. Terms and Conditions will not be displayed on second time enrollment on same device

Terms and Conditions will not be displayed on second time enrollment on same device. I met this bug on an iPhone 5c device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Here’s what I think you’re saying, and tell me if I have it wrong -

You create Terms and conditions. You enroll an iPhone 5c and accept the terms. You unenroll the iPhone. You re-enroll the iPhone and you are asked to accept the terms again. If that’s true, that’s a bug, because the terms are recorded per user so when you’ve accepted for one, you’ve accepted for all.

However, if anyone modified the terms and incremented the version, you have the option of making everyone re-accept the terms, even if they previously accepted.

If you can repro this, being sure the terms haven’t incremented with forced re-acceptance, then yes, that’s a bug we’d like to check on. Can you confirm?

7. Unable to remove a user from O365 MDM

After testing O365 MDM, we removed all policies, devices and users from the MDM group that was created for testing. However, 6 months later, the test user is still being prompted to enroll in MDM when logging into OneDrive for Business app on any mobile device. I opened a support ticket and they put the user back into the MDM group and put the group into the global MDM policies exception list. That stopped the alerts to the user to enroll but said that you cannot remove a user from O365 MDM once they have been enrolled previously. So now…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Glen, I talked to our engineering team and they said that doesn’t sound right – if you take the user out of the group, the policy should not be applied and the user should not get prompted to enroll. (And much as we’d love you to buy Intune, we don’t want you to do it just to resolve this issue!)

Would you be able to give me the support case number so I can look into this?

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base