Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically deploy Intune PC Client for Azure AD joined computers

Not entirely sure if this belongs here, or in Azure AD, however....

From reading the documentation, it appears that the for Windows 10 Enterprise PCs, they can be managed automatically upon joining the Azure AD domain as mobile devices only.

For corporate issued PCs, it would aid SMBs greatly if adding the Intune PC Client can be done automatically upon joining the PC to Azure AD. This would lower IT department's involvement in issuing new devices, so that company administration could just buy (for example) a Surface Pro and hand it to a new employee, along with the Azure AD/Office…

722 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      24 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Windows 10 Upgrades (1511) via Intune

The Windows 10 1511 Upgrade is not available via Intune. We use Intune as our Update Management platform (small business).

I thought that the Windows update functionality in Intune should be like a WSUS in the Cloud. With peer-Distribution in Windows 10 and in Intune before it should be possible to not overload our Internet line.

If this should not work by design then please Microsoft state clearly which of your products is designed for which Scenario.

720 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        66 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OK, seems clear that people still mean this suggestion for the PC client, not the MDM client, so setting the status to Noted.

You can manage software updates (feature and quality) for Windows 10 devices managed by MDM using Windows Update for Business. And you can do peer downloading. Here are the docs for that.
        https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/windows-update-for-business-configure

What’s keeping you using the PC client? Is it the operating system or are there still feature gaps you can’t live without on MDM?

• Migrate Intune PC management into new Azure Intune portal

Very cool that the Mobile portion has been migrate into the new Azure Intune portal.

But what the current PC management?
        Why does it still require the old Silverlight portal?
        Bad experience to browse between 2 portal.

Can you guys migrate everything into the new Azure Intune Portal?

Please Intune Team, migrate the PC management portion into the new Azure Intune Portal for the benefit of your clients,

83 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          5 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations

Intune lacks the equivalent of the group policy setting "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations".

There are many mission critical environments where we're only able to force updates 1-day a month during a very specific maintenance window.

With this setting, computers should only install updates after deadlines have passed and updates become mandatory.

67 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            10 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Make it possible to migrate from Computer (intune agent) devices to MDM devices

With the new Intune Portal within the Azure Portal the 'classic' Intune Agent gets more and more obsolete.

I don't know when the intune agent will be end of life of if it wil be end of life. (maybe something to document?)

I would like to see a possibility where the 'classic' intune agent gets uninstalled and the device gets enrolled in MDM (Intune MDM) automaticaly.

So for example, I have 300 computer devices managed by Intune through the Intune Agent. I want these computers (that are in use) to be enrolled in MDM instead of the Intune Agent in…

66 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              9 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Remote Wipe Windows 10 PC's with Intune Client installed

Currently if you install the Intune Client on a Windows 10 PC (other OS's as well perhaps, I haven't checked), you lose the ability to "Remote Wipe". The only option is to Retire the device.

Intune Client should give full management to include Remote Wipe. What happens if one of my mobile users loses their device? I have no way of remotely wiping this. I know this can be achieved if they are "enrolled" rather than client, but why not same features?

49 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow installs to be repaired

Too often it seems that "one or more agents are not installed properly" on my client computers. The client computers don't seem to be aware of this though, as trying to install the software on them reports that the software is already installed.

It would be nice to be able to "repair" an install of Intune without having to go through the whole process of uninstalling and re-installing the agents.

17 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Noncompliant Apps Reports feature in an environment of PC management

Although there is no update function of PC management by the agent , as in the case of the mobile device management , reporting functions of the non-compliant app I want to implement . Because it can issue a warning for the installation of apps that contrary to company policy , we believe that very convenient .

12 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Windows Update for Business (WUB) for PC Enrolled Devices

Only MDM enrolled Windows 10 devices can currently be configured with the necessary settings for WUB (Windows Update for Business). It's not good-enough for this to just apply to MDM enrolled devices currently because MDM doesn't have feature parity yet with PC enrolled managemnt.

It is just as important for Windows 10 PC enrolled devices to be able to utilize WUB instead of the traditional WSUS-like updating scheme that Intune PC Enrolled devices adhere to.

In order for PC enrolled devices to participate in WUB, the Intune agent should control Windows 10s inbox Updating Client instead of using the Intune…

11 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Include BIOS information in Inventory Reports

Currently when we run a Computer Inventory report, BIOS information and version are not included. Please include this information in Computer Inventory reports. This would give us a better report to identify which computers need BIOS updates without having to view the properties of each individual computer.

10 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Intune Agent: Request for a Progress bar or Status

We're going to migrate 300 Clients to AAD and with Intune Client installed. All software will be installed through Intune.

We ask you kindly to add a Progress bar or Status to the Intune Agent on "Updates" > "Try again" or somewhere else, so the User is able to see whether the agent is doing something or not.

The current situation is, that employees are clicking "try again" over and over again and nothing seems to happen but in background intune is downloading, etc. Would be awesome if you could add this little thing as soon as possible.

Thanks

9 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • InTune Standalone Custom Scripts

We are a smaller organization (under 1K machines) and are trying to use Intune Standalone to manage our PC fleet.

With SCCM we used custom scripts to do multiple things but a big one was for custom software deployments.

Currently Intune does not support this and I believe it would be a great feature to have moving forward.

If not custom scripts support maybe some type of solution to accomplish the task.

Thanks!

8 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

I wanted to check in on this – in November we added the ability to manage PowerShell scripts in Intune for Windows 10 devices
                            The Intune management extension lets you upload PowerShell scripts in Intune to run on Windows 10 devices. The extension supplements Windows 10 mobile device management (MDM) capabilities and makes it easier for you to move to modern management. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/intune-management-extension

Does that get you want you want?

• Decrease the interval for detecting new updates and applications.

Currently, the detection frequency for new apps and updates has a minimum value of 8 hours. This is very troublesome when enrolling PCs using group policy for the PC agent, as there is no real telling when the device will be fully updated and ready to use. The value ought to be configurable down to an "instantly" setting or at least to ½ hr.

7 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • manage personal computers as computers?

I wish there was some kind of support for Intune to manage personal computers as computers. I run a computer repair shop and I see lots of people falling for these scams involving overseas people offering remote managed services, but instead of offering real services, they just install fake AV software and spyware, and charge big money for it too! I'd like to offer a legitimate service that includes managed AV and "light" system monitoring (health status), and Intune seems to include this, but only for Pro versions of Windows. Can Intune not run in a limited fashion on Home…

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, an update on this –
                                Windows 10 Home does support very limited MDM capabilities. Intune is able to manage Windows 10 Home. Many of the CSPs (configuration service providers) are disabled on Home version, and if Intune tries to push these to Home devices, these CSPs will fail. This is by design.

I’m not marking it “complete” because you’re saying “manage personal computers as computers” and this would really be “manage personal computers as mobile devices.” But in case this helps you at all, here you go.

• Ensure that Intune Client does not randomly disappear during installations

Currently, the Intune PC Client randomly disappears on our Windows 10 UI during installations leaving users guessing whether the client was ever installed in the first place or was suddenly removed. Only by checking Details in the Task Manager, the process clientui.exe (also not very telling) can be identified to still be running.

Please make sure that this client becomes more transparent, not just in terms of download progress, but also actual runtime.

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Allow us to manage GPOLS from Intune on windows 10 devices and deploy apps automatically!

So Basically I want to get the best of both "mobile and "devices" I don't see why I'm either able to deploy apps with the intune client and not be able to control the device (e.g. remove logon pin) or vice-versa! My suggestion is a windows 10 device can utilize both app deployment and the "policy" section of intune AT THE SAME TIME. I consider this fundamental to getting away from having to have any on prem infrastructure and still have viable PC management.

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Intune Agent with support for Security Compliance baseline check

Azure Security Center allows you with the agent aswell as SCOM to enable a Security Compliance baseline check created by the SCM. I wish this feature was also enabled for domain joined devices with the intune agent installed.

Thus allowing us to make adjustment to the baseline, and verify its compliance.

6 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Allow deployment of driver updates (available from MU) to managed PCs

WSUS allows admins to deploy certain driver updates (available from MU) to managed PCs, while Intune does not currently support driver deployment.

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Endpoint Protection Alerts

It would be nice to have the critical alerts for endpoint protection send an email to the effected user when a issue is detected.

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Windows 10 policy item to set Logon Disclaimer

An InTune policy item which allows you to set the legalnoticecaption and legalnoticetext group policy settings so that Intune managed mobile workstations display a logon disclaimer.

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base