Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. manage personal computers as computers?

I wish there was some kind of support for Intune to manage personal computers as computers. I run a computer repair shop and I see lots of people falling for these scams involving overseas people offering remote managed services, but instead of offering real services, they just install fake AV software and spyware, and charge big money for it too! I'd like to offer a legitimate service that includes managed AV and "light" system monitoring (health status), and Intune seems to include this, but only for Pro versions of Windows. Can Intune not run in a limited fashion on Home…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, an update on this –
    Windows 10 Home does support very limited MDM capabilities. Intune is able to manage Windows 10 Home. Many of the CSPs (configuration service providers) are disabled on Home version, and if Intune tries to push these to Home devices, these CSPs will fail. This is by design.

I’m not marking it “complete” because you’re saying “manage personal computers as computers” and this would really be “manage personal computers as mobile devices.” But in case this helps you at all, here you go.

2. Ability to perform Office365 updates through Intune

Believe this feature does not exist currently. We need to have the ability to update Office 365 updates through Intune with better control. Hope am not overloooking any feature which allows us do this currently.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Restart Countdown timer reports an incorrect time

I can request a restart of a managed computer device from the Intune Console. The user is prompted that a restart has been requested and a countdown time is displayed. Before this week, the countdown timer would display that the restart would occur automatically in 12:15:00 and start counting down. The actual restart would occur in 15 minutes. I reported this to support and was told it was a known issue to be fixed.

This week I tested again and the countdown timer started at 2:00:00 and began counting down (2 hours). I decided to wait to see how long…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, John, yes, we do read these, but it says in the last paragraph “it would be nice”, so I interpreted that as a suggestion. Rereading it, I realize that the second “it would be nice” might be a bug, but even then the next step to figure out if it is would be to open a support case. Which you already did. That is definitely the faster path – they have a service level agreement for responding to calls, but I can’t match that on UserVoice. Sorry if you were feeling ignored. But hopefully you got it fixed.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base