Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Intune admin console fails to load in Edge browser - states that it needs Silverlight when newest version installed

Title says it all.

Runnign Windows 10 enterprise latest build, fully updated.

Just downloaded Silverlight and installed it again to ensure it was up to date.

Still getting the error that states you must have Silverlight installed.

Come on guys.....this is silly.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yup. Edge decided not to support Silverlight. Intune admin console still uses Silverlight. We’re working on a change but nothing to report yet. I’d merge this into “replace Silverlight with HTML version” but you’re already a supporter for that one in the Ideas forum.

2. Groups\All Devices and Computer Inventory report is not matching in Intune Admin portal

Groups\All Devices and Computer Inventory report is not matching in Intune Admin Portal. Like the details of last update on Groups\All devices is not matching with Inventory report. This needs to be synced properly.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate the consoles

Why do we have so many consoles to manage intune? can it not be simplified, it is a pain to get to the user console for an admin that is not a tenant admin

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure AD Join accounts can select alternative credentials for "Add Software" ClickOnce App

Azure AD Join accounts can select alternative credentials for "Add Software" ClickOnce App.

I sign into my Azure AD Join with my Azure AD account. When starting the "Add Software" ClickOnce application I can't choice another account for signing in. It's all single sign on, which also is GREAT, but in my case I would like to manage software on another tenant that isn't associated with my own Azure AD account.

Please add the option to sign in with alternative credentials

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I actually run into this a fair amount, because I’m always logging in with a bunch of different identities to test scenarios. This workaround works for me – use InPrivate browsing when you first start the Intune admin console, and then when you start what we affectionately call “MISPA” – the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher Assistant" – it will stop and prompt you for credentials.

5. Microsoft Intune Device Inventory Report - Add a column for active \ inactive

When you run the report for Mobile Device Inventory Report, you get a lot of good data, however there is nothing that shows definitively that the device is Active vs Inactive.

The closest thing in the report is the column for Last Updated, which is falling short for official reporting.

Please add a column \ reporting feature for Active \ Inactive devices in the report.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In the August service update we added some improvements to the filter used by the Last Check-in Date – if you can decide what check-in date constitutes “active”, does that work? Especially when paired with the new Intune Data Warehouse feature?

6. Better management of dates in SCCM Queries

Currently, if we want to include something like comparing dates on the hardware inventory date using functions like GetDate(), is must be done in the WQL editor and not through the GUI. Further, once you add these, you can no longer use the query editor, you must always edit the WQL. I would like to see this change in future versions so I can build queries, both inside and outside of collections, using these and similar functions.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Is this about queries in general, or is this related to mobile device management? I know, it’s confusing, we have two UserVoice forums, and I want to make sure this gets to the right people to look at it.

7. Clicking on "policy" under "source" in an alert does not take you to the policy

When you get an alert and go to that alert from the dashboard there is a link under the "source" heading with a "policy" link.

The expected behaviour is that if the error applied to a specific policy that it would take you to that policy.

What it does is just takes you to the policies section and has the top of the tree highlighted. This makes the alert useless as you don't know what policy is the culprit.

In the alerts section there should be much more information on what is going on. It tells you that a policy…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Kellan, yeah, sorry that’s frustrating. I’m going to move this from the Issues to the Ideas forum. As we’ve mentioned under the “get rid of Silverlight” request, we’re moving to the Azure console, starting with mobile app management. I don’t know how the change in framework will affect this particular issue, but we’ll get it in that queue.
    Thanks!

8. Asking what country you are from twice during sign up, isn't once enough ?

When signing up for an intune account you are asked what country or region you live in (for tax purposes and to decide what features are available to you)

secondly, once you've completed the process you are again asked what country you live in (in case you forget the password ?)

shouldn't the sign up process be clever enough NOT to ask you the same question twice, i.e,. it should insert the country you entered in the first sign up screen here

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Link to "View Troubleshooting Information" is not helpful at all

When you click "View Troubleshooting Informaiton" you would hope to get a KB article that applies to the alert. Instead it just brings you to the "get support" page. Kinda useless.

If there are alerts with error codes there really should be a KB associated to that error and a KB that loads from the troubleshooting link.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Error message when filtering AD group results in Intune console

Scenario:
    Intune standalone
    AD Sync between local and cloud.
    Local environment has a >1000 groups , everything is synchronised in the cloud ok.
    In Intune management console you go :
    Groups-Create new group- as criteria membership you try to add security groups
    Let's say you have a few hundred groups that start with "at" and you try to filter using "at" in the select security group , you get this error:
    : "A service error has occurred. Microsoft Intune has experienced a service error and to continue working you must restart your admin console. If this problem persists, you can…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Gabriel, if you’re still seeing this, could you please send me

1. The name of the tenant you are using
    2. Your Account name you’re using
    3. Approx date and time of event
    4. OS and Browser you are using

11. Can't add any Apps

I've set up a new trial account.
    I've enrolled my device and it's appearing in the dashboard.
    When I click Apps - Add Apps I get problems.

One one machine (Windows 7 & IE, in work on a domain) I get a pop up saying "The operation failed. This error might be transient. Try re-opening the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher"

On another machine (Windows 8 & IE at home on my LAN) when I click the Add Apps button a new tab opens in IE very briefly but goes away immediately.

In Chrome (Windows 8) I get "This application requires…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong and I am positive it’s not a measure of intelligence. :-) I’ve had issues on my machine, but usually it’s because I’m dealing with different builds and environments.

I was told to run this
    from an admin cmd prompt 
    rundll32 windir\system32\dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache 
    and it’s worked in the past for me.

If it doesn’t work for you, I’d suggest opening a support case. Did you know we don’t charge for Intune support? Really! Here’s the information:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn646963.aspx

12. I request the feature that enables to export the setting of each terms to CSV.

I request the feature that enables to export the setting of each terms to CSV. I would like to use the data for backup and for documentation.

I think that scree shot function is avairable instead of the CSV but CSV is better for many cases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Informational Up arrow

When clicking on a update, the information up arrow (right above remote tasks) at the bottom doesn't work or inconsistently works. It fails to show additional information and now just toggles.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Cole, If the show\hide does not expand collapse the preview pane make sure you didn’t drag the size of the pane to the minimum. That can make it look like the preview pane isn’t working. If that’s not the case, can you repro this consistently? On more than one computer? Is it the same in all browsers?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base