Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Admin Console Support Microsoft Edge

We want to support Admin Console / Account Portal by Microsoft Edge of Windows 10 or later.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The thing is, Edge doesn’t support Silverlight, and the current Admin console still requires Silverlight. We are definitely working on addressing the Silverlight issue, but nothing we’re ready to announce yet.

Since we are likely to address the Silverlight issue, and since Edge is not likely to support Silverlight, I’m going to mark this declined. We currently have http://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/8406045-replace-silverlight-portal-with-html-version so I’m going to add these supporters to that item. When we have announcements on that front, you’ll get the notification along with any other supporters.

2. Admin Console Support on Mac OSX

Admin Console is supported today only on Internet Explorer 10 or newer, Chrome is not supported (newer versions) and Firefox will be supported only till end of march 2017, Safari is not supported even if it works with Silverlight.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Luca, we aren’t going to add support for the accessing the Silverlight console on Mac OS, but the new Azure portal supports Safari.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-preview-portal-supported-browsers-devices
    If your Intune account hasn’t been migrated yet, it should be soon now, and then you can access portal.azure.com to manage Intune using Safari. Since you filed this under Silverlight and reference it, I’ll call this one declined.

3. Add the scheduled maintenance dates and times back into the Service Center

We are missing the scheduled maintenance dates and times which were previously available in the status.manage.microsoft.com.

I have 2 different tenants, hosted in Asia, but on different servers (03 & 05), both are showing the same Intune version, however the setting available in the tenants are different.

I have spoken to Support, who have told me the difference is down to the hosted server - but they are unable to tell me when the update is to occur.

Are you add this functionality back into the Message center?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Vanita,

We changed how we show scheduled maintenance vs downtime, because we had feedback that when customers saw maintenance windows they assumed there would be down time. It created confusion, because doing the monthly service release does not necessarily mean there will be downtime.

At least 5 days before we do the monthly service update, we post to the O365 message center that a maintenance update is coming and give a link to the What’s New information. We also tell you in the message center after the tenant have been upgraded and provide the What’s New link again.

If your tenant is expected to have downtime, we will tell you the exact scheduled time at least 5 days in advance.

Since you have two tenants and they are different servers, you’d have to check the message center for each tenant.

As for differences in settings, customers may see different…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base