Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto Selective Wipe When an Account is closed.

When an end user account is set to auto-expire, this will also perform a selective wipe on the end user devices on the date/time the expiration was set.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@TheScreamingRichard – If you can do it in the UI, you can do it with Graph – we build the UI entirely on top of Graph. :-)

This page has the remote actions
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/resources/intune_devices_remoteaction

There’s one member called
    factoryReset

and there’s a different member called
    removeCompanyData

there’s also one called
    factoryResetKeepEnrollmentData

I’m assuming it’s one of those you’d be able to call for a Graph-based solution, though our Graph people are all at Build this week so if that’s not what you need I can ask them when they get back.

2. Give the ability for a provider to manage multiple tenants via a single portal.

Give us back the multi-account portal.
    why would you remove the ability for a provider to manage multiple tenants via a single portal.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a way to backup the entire Intune Configuration

It would be great if there was a method to backup the entire Intune configuration in Azure.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple entries of the same device is being shown at Selective Wipe request in Azure Console

Multiple entries of the same device is being shown at Selective Wipe request in Azure Console.

While Performing the Selective Wipe through Azure Intune Console it was showing the multiple device with no time period,in that case we were not able to choose the current device which needs to be wiped out.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Intune - Select All/multi select and delete Corporate Device Identifiers -

Background: We are building out our Intune instance and only have a handful of devices enrolled for testing and validating. In advance of migrating from our current MDM, we imported all the Serial Numbers for our iOS devices in the Corporate Device Identifiers section under Device Enrollment. There is some "bad data" in this list as we are selling off a portion of the company and those devices were accidentally included.

Question/Suggestion: Looking for a way to just select all of the device identifiers and then start over with a good, clean import. I don't see a way to remove…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. there should be refresh button on management pages

there should be refresh button on management pages

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a local admin console that is similar to gpmc/gpoadmin.

Create a local admin console that is similar to gpmc/gpoadmin. The website can be slow and there are issues when you are in a corporate environment where items are locked down through a proxy. Also, this would allow third party developers to extend intune administration capabilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. consistancy is the mother of all mastery

hi,
    after creating an application or compliance policy in Intune Preview I can choose Manage then Assignments then Select Groups to Assign it to users or groups

Inline image 1

In Intune legacy, I can Manage Deployment to Deploy the object to users/devices.

Inline image 2

In configmgr (hybrid) I can Deploy the app (or whatever) to users/devices etc...

Inline image 3

wouldn't it be nice if this was consistent in all platforms, and we used the same terminology to deploy apps and settings ?

changing it to 'Assignments' is just adding more confusion imho

cheers

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Noted, but I checked with Engineering and they opted to align with the Azure Active Directory terminology instead of the Configuration Manager terminology. Since they don’t expect many people to be switching back and forth, and Azure is the workflow path we’ve chose, we’re aligning there. I’ll leave this open, and call it noted, but it would take a huge vote count to even get them to consider this.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base