Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sync contacts to local OS native apps/phone

The Team of Intune and Outlook did a great job but we believe that there are still some limitations to overcome:
    - We need the capability to sync determined objects to local OS native apps/phone without limitations, like Contacts through Outlook for iOS. Outlook for iOS, for example, is a good application that provides mail and calendar features. However, since the contacts are not synced to the native OS phone, calls/SMS are not recognized.
    - We know we can use ActiveSync for contacts, however, in case of MAM, we wouldn´t allow ActiveSync in our mobile devices.

418 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    noted  ·  14 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apple TV Support

I would like to see support for managing Apple TV devices.

197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow blocking of iOS update

I want the ability to block updating to the newest iOS version. I have users who don't listen when I send out an email blast to not update their devices but I still get users who either don't read or just ignore the email. I want the ability to set the highest version that I want available and to disable updating to the newest version until I release it. Same type of deal as when I have to approve Windows updates.

196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I know it’s not a total, perpetual block, but as of the week of August 27 you can configure the days and times when you don’t want devices to install any updates. In a future update, you’ll be able to delay when a software update is visibly shown on the device, from one to 90 days.

When we deliver the 90-day delay, is that good enough to call this complete? As @Daniil points out, that’s what’s Apple is offering now. And it’s not great to get yourself too out of date with updates.

4. Hide sensitive content in notification on the lockscreen

In iOS 11, your iPhone gives you much more control over notifications. You can designate certain apps as “sensitive”, so that it hides the content of notifications while your phone is locked, only letting you see the full preview when you use Touch ID or Face ID to unlock your iPhone. This works in every single app on your phone, unlike in iOS 10 and before.

An option to push these settings to the devices through intune would come in handy to prevent leaking company data, but the end users will see a notification on the lockscreen when they get…

166 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to update specific VPP app on one device or more

Right now, only option is to enable/disable VPP automatic app updates. This will update all VPP apps on ALL iOS devices. If there's a problematic app, then most devices will be affected, if not all.

It would be great if Intune will have the ability to update a specific VPP app on specific iOS device(or group).

This feature is already available on other MDMs.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for MFA during DEP single app mode

Enable support for MFA during DEP single app mode enrolment. Currently single app mode blocks access to text and phone apps during Company Portal enrolment so MFA can't complete successfully. We've tried excluding "Microsoft Intune Enrolment" app from conditional access but this doesn't work.

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add setting to make calendar pushed out by profile the default in iOS

When pushing out a profile to iOS the user always has to change their default calendar manually to the Exchange calendar once the profile has been pushed to their device or they end up creating all their events in the iOS calendar on the device which doesn't sync.

Add a way to set to the default calendar to the same as the default mailbox.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option under "Volume-Purchased Apps" to deploy to "Device Group"

Please can you add an option under "Volume-Purchased Apps" to deploy to "Device Groups". Currently the only option available is to deploy to "User Groups".

We are trying to use Apple VPP & Intune to deploy apps to iPad devices that are shared across multiple users therefor we must be able to deploy to a device rather than a user. Apple have advised this is now supported on IOS9 and above which is what we are using.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. DEM iOS Devices - App Configuration that allows multiple user sign in.

We have setup DEM iPads. The devices are shared among many users and MS apps on these devices are restricted to sign in with only the device activation account.

If you attempt to sign in to the sharepoint app for example you get a msg: "Misconfiguration Alert" Your admin wants the apps on this device to be managed with the account (DEMaccount), your sign in account (anything else) will be removed.

An option to control this "Feature" by app (Only DEM account vs. allow all) would be beneficial.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Incorrect reporting for Outlook for iOS mobile app in Intune

I have enabled the Intune Service to Service Connector for Hosted Exchange which has successfully run and populated all the devices connected to Exchange Online within our Intune tenant.

However, when I run the Mobile Device Inventory Report I can see that all users connecting via the Outlook for iOS app are showing up as coming from Android devices - which is incorrect. I know we have a large number of employees using the Outlook for iOS app - but all are appearing as "Android" in the report.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable/Disable location services

We lack the possibility to disable or enable location services on iOS.
    According to GDPR we need to have location services disabled on some iOS devices, because they are taking pictures of wounds and other person specific things.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Management of Date and Time settings via InTune

We require the ability to set the data and time zone via inTune as currently all our iOS devices show as LA time zone after enrollment.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Update iOS device name when name changed

Looks like Windows 10 PC's do update the record name after a device rename. This functionality is badly needed for iOS. To prevent numerous devices named "iPhone" or "iPad". This is especially important when using DEP.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support Apple Classroom App on IOS

There used to be support for the Apple Classroom App on IOS. But it has since been made "Obsolete" for unknown reasons.

As an educational institute we strive to provide our educators with the best tools available.

Most other mainstream MDM's provide support for Apple Classroom. Why not MS Intune ?

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Block automatic iOS app updates

We want to block specific apps to be updated automatically. We want to test the app update first for we update the app on all the managed devices.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Company Portal app deployment - Required AND available in Company Portal

Company Portal app deployment - Required AND available in Company Portal

currently we have to deploy 2 deployment types of the same app, 1 for a forced install( Required) and 1 for making the app 'Available' in the Company Portal.

It would be far easier to only have to deploy once for a 'Required' app, so even if the user 'cancels' the install prompt(iOS), they can also still be advised to visit the Company Portal app to install the app that way too...

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically delete device information that retired from DEP

In the current state, once administrator synced device information from DEP, we have to manually delete DEP synced iOS device serial number after retire the decvice from DEP and Intune. I think that depends on the specifications of Apple's DEP . But managing a large number of devices, delete device information manually from Intune Admin Console, it will take much time and effort.
    If this part is automated , very useful in order to propose a Intune

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add {{serial}} configuration variable support for Intune

So today I rolled out the CSC iOS app to an iOS device and managed to use a device config policy with the generic XML from the umbrella portal, and if I hard coded the device serial I could get it working on one single device.
    The issue being that the device serial is not supported, as documented here: https://support.umbrella.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000803683-CSC-and-Additional-MDMs.
    So, Microsoft, please!
    InTune is not supported at this time. The MDM profile needs to be pushed as a Device configuration; however, the {{serial}} configuration variable is only supported in InTune for App Config profiles at this time. Looking…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. iOS in-house app expiry notification/alert

iOS in-house app expiry notification/alert. need the ability for an email alert to be sent to InTune Admins to advise them x days before an iOS in-house app is nearing its 12 month expiry date. once the app expires it cannot be used on the device so need advance notice of the expiry date to give ios app developers time to setup a new binary .IPA file.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. IPSec IKEv2 VPN Support for iOS and macOS

IPSec IKEv2 VPN Configuration support is enabled for Windows 10 but not iOS or macOS.

IKEv2 has been supported since iOS 8 and and macOS 10.11 El Capitan

See: Apple Developer Configuration Profile Reference
    https://developer.apple.com/library/content/featuredarticles/iPhoneConfigurationProfileRef/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010206-CH1-SW27

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base