Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sync contacts to local OS native apps/phone

The Team of Intune and Outlook did a great job but we believe that there are still some limitations to overcome:
    - We need the capability to sync determined objects to local OS native apps/phone without limitations, like Contacts through Outlook for iOS. Outlook for iOS, for example, is a good application that provides mail and calendar features. However, since the contacts are not synced to the native OS phone, calls/SMS are not recognized.
    - We know we can use ActiveSync for contacts, however, in case of MAM, we wouldn´t allow ActiveSync in our mobile devices.

411 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    noted  ·  14 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apple TV Support

I would like to see support for managing Apple TV devices.

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Apple VPP Token - Delete Token

Intune Preview is now supporting Apple VPP with both Apple ID and Device Based app deployment. Additionally, multiple VPP Token Support is provided.

I have successfully added two VPP Token to my Intune Preview Instance and sync the apps purchased for managed distribution. I have successfully deployed apps to a DEP Enrolled Device using VPP Device Based App assignment - hence during deployment the device was not prompted to enter an Apple ID.

I have two issues:

1 - There is no user interface exposed within Intune Preview to delete an Apple VPP Token once created. Please add the ability…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Configure iOS Managed Domains via Policy

It would be great if you could configure iOS Managed Domains via a configuration policy and not by using a custom policy with Apple Configurator. I find the Managed Browser pretty useless since Safari is always the default. If someone clicks a link in their email it opens Safari. I would like an easy way to put our domains as Managed iOS Domains to prevent data leakage.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. prompt for device password change before it expires (iOS)

Hello.

Currently, when you set password expiration (days) in device restriction policy, user is not being prompted when the device password is about to expire. User get prompted though when it is already expired.

Shouldn't the alert happen before it expires and not after?

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. iOS Company Portral should autopopulate the email address field

The iOS Company Portal app display the IT Department Email link, when tapped it opens the email client but the email mailto: is not completed with the actual email address. If one navigates to the Company Portal Webpage these links work correctly when tapped, opening a new email to send with the IT Department address in the send to field.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I moved this from Issues to Ideas, since this is the expected behavior.

The PM for this feature told me:
    “The situation is that we used to have the links to send emails automatically compose an email from the native email app and we were able to auto-populate the To line. We then got several asks to support sending the emails from Outlook or other mail apps in case the user does not have the native mail app configured. We added an app-picker that lets a user choose which app they want to use to send the email. Apple does not support auto-populating the To line of emails when using a app-picker, and we have filed a bug to Apple asking them to enable this functionality.”

So you could see if there’s support for changing it back to NOT allowing the app picker, but I think it would have to…

7. Require passcode" (maxGracePeriod) policy should be enforced or just be set to 0 by default

Hello,

iOS password grace period should be set to 0 by default. Currently, setting an auto-lock policy for iOS devices doesn't work properly as the device is locked after the set period of time but it can be postponed by the user for up to 4 hours:

On the device, go to Settings -> Passcode -> Require Passcode -> you can change this setting to up to 4 hours which shouldn’t be possible. The policy only changes settings in Settings -> General -> Auto-lock to the set amount of minutes determined by the MDM policy.

This behaviour is set by…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Over the air deployment

IOS devices have systems such as DEP to allow devices to be locked into MDM and provide instant enrolment. This is a great feature because users can have their devices purchased and sent to them. Out of the box the setup wizard can then guide the user through enrolling their device.

Currently, the bulk enrolment work is done by IT. There is a customisations XML which can be placed on Windows mobiles but once they are wiped the XML disappears

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Stewart, I talked to our iOS guy and we’re not entirely sure what you’re asking for. Are you asking to have the same DEP-type service for Windows mobile? Or are you asking for changes in the iOS bulk enrollment process? It would help if you could walk us through what you want to happen and where it’s falling short right now.

9. Apple DEP syncronization should not be random

When trying to use the Sync Now button in the Intune Admin console sync is never initiated or atleast the UI never shows that a sync has been completed.
    I've been trying to force a sync since yesterday (5/25/2016) (tried 4 tinmes) and 2 more times today, but the Last Sync status still shows 5/24/2016 9:09:58 AM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base