Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Static computernames in Windows autopilot before Intune autoenrollment.

Maybe posting this to the wrong component-team but a suggestion would be to give the ability to set a static computername to the imported device when registering the csv file containing hardware information in "Autopilot deployment". The current functionality randomizes the computername after each factory reset or reinstallation. Seems pointless to perform a namechange after Intune autoenrollment. This would solve alot of of administrative issues within larger organizations.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      16 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of the week of August 27, you can use a template to control how the machine will be automatically named. So not exactly static, but gets you away from total random. From the discussion, sounds like not total random was good enough for some, but not all, so I will switch this back to “noted”.

more detail about what we released in August:
      When you create an autopilot deployment profile, you can designate a name, which must be 15 characters or less, and can contain letters, numbers, and hyphens. Names can’t be all numbers. Use the SERIAL macro to add a hardware-specific serial number. Alternatively, use the RAND:x macro to add a random string of numbers, where x equals the number of digits to add.
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/enrollment-autopilot#create-an-autopilot-deployment-profile

It’s only available with the Windows Insider build for now.

• Automatic enrollment for Hybrid Azure AD Joined Devices

Missing the ability to automatically enroll Windows 10 devices that are hybrid Azure AD Joined, for agentless management. This would favour the use of agentless management for domain joined devices.

114 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Active Notification/Prompt to Restart to Update

Have a configurable prompt indicating that a restart is required. Users shouldn't have to click on this passive icon and then have the option to restart now or restart later.

The option "Allow logged on user to control Windows restart after installation of scheduled updates and applications" When set to yes: "Prompts the logged on user to restart Windows when required"

Yet, I receive no prompts. Just a passive icon - not even a balloon. Additionally once I hover over it there's an indication that a restart is needed. I think it would be helpful having it prompt and request…

41 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • USB Storage Restriction Policy

Intune should include a USB Storage Restriction Policy for computers.

28 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            6 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add device name and linked user to malware email notification

You have got to add the ability to send an email every time a user gets malware. The email needs to have the Computer name and Linked User in it. Right now I can only see the Malware name.

19 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • GUI for Windows 10 Custom Polices

Create a GUI interface with easy to use point and click interface to allow customization of Windows 10 policies for OMA-URI settings. Also have the ability to export/import these custom policies for easier administration.
              https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt126215.aspx

There is no reason why a person should need to manually type these in values in.

12 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand that having full UI would be preferable, but the reality is this is the best we could do with the time and resources we had. We know that importing and exporting would also be better, and we’d like to do that when we get a chance. In the short term, it was important to get something, even though it’s not ideal. On the plus side, it’s now possible to copy and paste the URI paths instead of manually typing them in. We’ll watch this one and see how much traction it gets with the rest of the community – having lots of votes definitely gets more attention.

• Task to reset local Windows user password to default

It would be very useful, if we could send a task to a device (like reboot the device), to reset the password of a pre-defined local user. It should be possible to define the user (e.g. Administrator) and the password.

9 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Auto Enrollment based on Device and not user

There needs to be a way to have your on prem AD joined Windows 10 systems be able to be auto enrolled to Azure AD / Intune with out having to login to every single system. Maybe group policy? Maybe some power shell scripts? Because right now Intune is useless to my organization if I have to login to every single 2000 systems to configure Intune.

9 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Set a Proxy Server/PAC-file via Configuration Policy for Windows 10 Desktop

A few clients I work with would like to be able to set and maintain the Proxy Server for IE and Edge. Currently, they need to create an MSI which sets 2 registry keys to use a specific PAC-file.

7 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Add the option to delete a task

Add the option to delete a task so that you don't have to wait until finished.

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • WP8.1 not in compliance - device not encrypted

My WP device was previously working with Intune. I upgraded to WP10, but after lots of issues, factory rest phone back to WP8.1. Intune no longer works. Says my device is not in compliance as it I not device encrypted. The link to resolve the issue does not describe device encryption. Called helpdesk and they couldn't figure it out (uninstall app, remove device, remove pin, etc).

How do I get my device in compliance so I can read my email?

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Sorry to hear you’re having problems with this. You say you called Helpdesk – are you a user who contacted your company’s helpdesk, or are you an the Intune network administrator saying you called the Microsoft customer support line? If it’s the former, you’d need to have your helpdesk, or your network administrator, contact Microsoft support. If you are the network admin, let me know and we’ll go from there.

• Allow mobile device that don't fully support ... reports may not conform

This label may be misleading. It may mean "Encryption is required, but this windows tablet doesn't support it, so it is allowed access via the 'Allow devices which can't support something' rule. But the what I see is a device where the ability to allow devices which don't support [etc] may not conform.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            2 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI, James,
                            I’m not sure where in the UI you are. You should be able to attach a picture to the post and show me what label you’re talking about. If you could give the repro steps, starting from the very beginning of what you’re trying to do, that will give me the context I need.
                            Thanks!
                            Cathy

• Lumia 930 displayed as Surface Pro 3 in Company Portal

I understand people are still working on support for Windows 10 Mobile, but here's an issue:

When enrolling my Lumia 930 with Windows 10 Mobile (build 10166) installed, it shows up as a Surface Pro 3 in the Company Portal.

Screenshot: http://1drv.ms/1HrjOzC

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base