Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need a way to add device identification attributes like UDID, IMEI or MEID in the cert auth profile

Currently, there is no device identifier field can be added in the Subject alternative name for PKCS or SCEP certificate profile through which the authentication sever like VPN can reliably obtain the Device identification and query back MDM for device status.

This feature is available with other MDM vendors like Air watch and Mobile iron. Adding this will help for 3rd party VPN integrations.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alert when iOS certificates are expiring

Notify admin when a certificate is about to expire on MDM services

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Re-Deploy Certificate individually to user or device

Actually Intune doesn´t allow to force re-deployment of a certificate to a user or device once it has been already deployed during Enrollment Process. The only way to force a new certificate deployment requires or re-enroll the Device, change the Certificate Profile, in order to notify to Intune the need to deploy the new Certifiate Template or create a new Certificate Profile.

All the solutions previously mentioned have implications, more than the assignment of a simple certificate, such as re-enrollment of the device or change Profile template to all the users asigned to the profile, not only the device/user that…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. wifi enterprise android

Add support for Android dedicated devices Enterprise Wi-Fi configurations using PKCS certificates (machine or user based). Currently the only options for Wi-Fi on dedicated android devices is using WPA Pre-shared keys, this is not very enterprise friendy. Need to support EAP-TLS with PKCS certificates. Works fine on iOS, just not Android.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Containerised email

Like good and air-watch. Non starter for me otherwise.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow the WIFI profile to disconnet the current connected wireless network and connect to company wireless network when it's in range

It would be great that we support the feature where the user’s device will be disconnected from the WIFI it’s connected and set it to forget and then connect to the desired WIFI automatically when it's in range as per the WIFI profile.

This feature is very important for schools where the low grade students don't know what to do when they are in class and are requested to disconnect from the public WIFI and connect to the WIFI of the school.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. wifi profile Remember my credentials for this connection

Can you add Remember my credentials for this connection each time I'm logged on. When I deploy Windows Wi-Fi profile I have to enter the user name and password every time I login. I use Wi-Fi enterprise type.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows 10 Wi-Fi profile, missing settings

Recently there came an option to add Wi-Fi network onto Windows 10 devices directly in the portal without XML., wonderful.
    I am missing some options, that is possible to set with the XML file that is not possible from the portal, randommac for example.

&lt;MacRandomization xmlns=&quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="http://www.microsoft.com/networking/WLAN/profile/v3&quot;">http://www.microsoft.com/networking/WLAN/profile/v3&quot;</a>&gt;

&lt;enableRandomization&gt;false&lt;/enableRandomization&gt;
    &lt;randomizationSeed&gt;2437303395&lt;/randomizationSeed&gt;
    &lt;/MacRandomization&gt;

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. use Cellular instead of WIFI in OMA-URI settings

currently for cellular data setting, only "Data Roam" is available, we would like other settings like "use cellular instead of WIFI" in OMA-URI settings as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. hotspot

We need the ability to configure the tethering & portable hotspot. Our staff use hotspots while roaming and at meetings off site. It would be nice for us to extend a standard hotspot configuration so that more than one user can automatically connect to a deployed hotspot. we could deploy this hotspot configuration to our Windows 10 laptops so there is no brain connectivity. With a corporate deployed password we would be able to fix our costs to our devices/staff usage only, no sharing passwords with 3rd parties.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. email profile for android device owner devices

we need the option to deploy email profiles to android devices enrolled as "device owner" not only for "work profile" devices

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Intune PSK Generator tool

Previously i used Intune PSK Generator Tool for creating Custom Wi-Fi XML profile.

I could not get the Tool now.

How do create Android custom profile with Pre Shared Key.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is there any way I can setup the VPN Profile in white-glove itself then after the Reseal, device shipped to remote user. Then when the user

Is there any way I can setup the VPN Profile in white-glove itself then after the Reseal, device shipped to remote user. Then when the user open up and at the time of network connection. It should bind the Home Guest network with VPN Profile and should connect to Office Corporate Network. Could you please think & provide me suggestions how to achieve this .This will help me the remote user with Hybrid Azure ADProfile setup

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add ability to set network properties (Domain, Private or Public)

For a cloud-only organization, being able to define on-prem networks as "private" would be a great add for Intune managed Windows 10 devices that are only AAD joined. This is utilized by Windows Firewall. Currently, a wired network in the office defaults to "public", which is not ideal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SCEP Profile - Devices - Allow DNS domain names that begin with a number

When configuring a SCEP Profile for a device certificate, it is not possible to configure a domain name that begins with a digit (0-9).

Working: {{AADDeviceID}}.one234.com
    Failing: {{AADDeviceID}}.1234.com

The UPN and E-mail address attributes (with an @ at the start of the domain) are accepted as they should be.

Confirmed with SCEP Device Profile for Windows and iOS. Assume Android will have the same incorrect input RegEx applied.

Thanks
    Russell

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Get custom settings for Android Enterprise Fully managed/Dedicated Devices

Would be great If I could configure Custom wifi profile with Username password same way we can do for Windows and Android Work profile.

We have Zebra Devices and OEMconfig does not give this option either, but everytime there is a new option in Zebra OEMconfig we need to a new Version of MX, which already most of our devices (even if pretty new) still cant have the latest version.
    So if that would be possible to have on Intune side it would be great.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Watchguard VPN Client Support

Wondering if Intune could add support for the "Watchguard Mobile VPN with SSL Client". Support for both Windows and MacOS

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow HEX NetworkKey when setting up WPA or WPA2 wifi profiles.

Currently when creating a WPA or WPA2 Wi-fi profile, the Pre-Shared key field only allows entry of 8 - 63 characters. HEX NetworkKeys are 64 characters long.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove Previously Deployed Activesync Email Profiles

Provide ability to remove previously deployed ActiveSync email profiles with little user intervention, to facilitate easy transition to Outlook App for iOS and Android

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. URLStringProbe option for evaluate connection option in ios VPN on Demand in Intune Hybrid setup

We did't see the URLStringProbe option for Evaluate connection in on-demand VPN rules.We can see this option for other actions like connect,disconnect.We need this option for the evaluate connection options as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base