Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync Exchange contacts with local device contacts

To allow the use of SMS and caller ID,contacts contained within the Exchange ActiveSync contacts configuration needs to be accessible to the local device, the ability to configure a profile to just allow the synchronizing of contact or the export of contacts from the outlook managed app to the device is necessary. Email access cannot be allowed outside of the managed apps.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    noted  ·  7 comments  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MDM mail profile management, no duplicate password prompt/remove app password requirement

When a mobile device (specifically iPhones tested at this point) is enrolled into 365 MDM, you have the option to control the mail profile on the device.

When this option is ticked, after enrolling the device through the company portal app, we would expect the mail profile to be complete and require no further interaction from the users.
    This however, is not the case, and the user is prompted for a password from the native mail app on the phone.

When MFA is not enabled on the account, the standard account password works.
    When MFA is enabled on the account,…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, James, I see your comment. I sent you mail out of band using the UserVoice “contact subscribers” feature, but that doesn’t show up in the conversation on the public site. But if you’re having problems reading that mail, here’s what I said:

Have you already opened a support case on this? If so, can you reply to this mail with the support case number so I can look at the case notes? If you haven’t opened a case, that’s what I’m going to suggest next, so they can look into what’s happening.

3. Support the "always on" feature in the VPN policy configuration for VPN V2 (instead of requiring a seperate CI item)

Support the "always on" feature in the VPN policy configuration for VPN V2 (instead of requiring a seperate CI item)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VPN ID field is mandatory, why?

When creating a VPN profile for IOS, there is a field called "VPN Identifier (provided by VPN vendor)".

1. why is this field MANDATORY (according to https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2685 as far as I understand, it should not be) ?
    2. VPN providers I contacted did not know what it was and they did NOT provide the ID. (ex. Microsoft Intune Hotline, Synology Helpdesk)
    3. Customer data following it isn't clear either...

Would it be very difficult and highly unprofitable to put a little more information next to each field in the forms (generally speaking)?

Thanks.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Thomas, I heard back from the PM who owns that and he said “VPN identifier is what iOS uses to call the appropriate app on the device to initiate the VPN connection. If VPN identifier is not provided, VPN connection is bound to fail because iOS won’t know which VPN app to open.”
    If you want to cite a specific section the RFC I can take that back to him.
    Cathy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base